Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to convince your divorce attorney wife that.........you need....

Slayer

Clearly bribery is the only way to go. Paris, St. Tropez and Nice are nice this time of year... So's Vancouver and Victoria with her mom.

Uhm, this getting a little too autobigraphical. But hey, it worked for me! She's still mad but we're coming up on 125 hours on her (the boat, not the wife), and still not receiving spousal support ;-)

You're killing me! Yea....I get it. Problem is....she's not a fan of her mom.

Well she has excellent job security.... She won't run out of clients anytime soon.

Which is why she supports gay marriage.

New boat or a divorce? Sounds like a fair trade to me.

You know divorce is so expensive? It's worth it

I just literally laughed out loud so hard my sleeping cats looked at me like I was an idiot.

• Like 2

Plant the seed and wait.....gradually point all the benefits, when I say benefits I mean the perks she would like. That's how I went from wanting a BU/SUPRA Vdrive this spring to getting one by midsummer. Found a few nice ones to get her looking at pics, found a buyer for mine, made the jump and sold mine, showed her the VRide we have now in person. BAM!!! New boat for me.

• Like 1

Small semi-private lake in Brighton.

Nice, I grew up on Grosse Ile doing the boring kind of boating, with sails. Although we did have a bow-rider when I was younger and we'd ski over at white sands and go up to burt lake, etc. in the summer.

Nice, I grew up on Grosse Ile doing the boring kind of boating, with sails. Although we did have a bow-rider when I was younger and we'd ski over at white sands and go up to burt lake, etc. in the summer.

I have family out there on Gross Ile.

• Like 1

Plant the seed and wait.....gradually point all the benefits, when I say benefits I mean the perks she would like. That's how I went from wanting a BU/SUPRA Vdrive this spring to getting one by midsummer. Found a few nice ones to get her looking at pics, found a buyer for mine, made the jump and sold mine, showed her the VRide we have now in person. BAM!!! New boat for me.

Yes, I made sure she experienced all the hassles of the old boat. Ballast sacks that leak, no cruise (well, really only I experienced that suckage), no bimini. She said the same things - you don't need a new boat, but I really wanted it, we could swing it financially, and we got good value for both. As I said, it's cost me a lot in international travel, but sooooo worth it.

I like your thinking. We went through that with the boat we have now, which she believes is totally adequate. The issue that I have is the boat that I have my eyes on will not last long on the market.

A guy bought my B&W 800 speakers on the notion that his wife would not notice that he replaced his 802's. He was wrong. Papers served three days later. No lie.

Wow, I just looked those up. Audiophiles are awesome. I can't relate, but obviously, neither could his wife!

Wow, I just looked those up. Audiophiles are awesome. I can't relate, but obviously, neither could his wife!

I didn't need to look those up! Those speakers are simply unreal. I run B & W at the hose, but not 800's.

Edited by inlandlaker
  • Like 1

I had to entise the doctor (of pharmacy) wife with back rubs for a while. That's how I got our 'Bu. Bribery, bribery, and more bribery.

• Like 1

Does your SSLX have an adequate cruise? Hmm, costly to upgrade that. Let's see, what else does it need? Maybe a newer boat is just financially sound because it just has those features you "need" ...

I like your thinking. We went through that with the boat we have now, which she believes is totally adequate. The issue that I have is the boat that I have my eyes on will not last long on the market.

Your boat is depreciating faster than the '02... Upgrading is a sound financial investment. If you keep that LXi in good shape, you'll be able to sell it in 10 years for better than 15k I'll bet...

Your boat is depreciating faster than the '02... Upgrading is a sound financial investment. If you keep that LXi in good shape, you'll be able to sell it in 10 years for better than 15k I'll bet...

You are 100% right on that. My LX is in fantastic shape for the year and hours on the boat. That LXI would be better taken care of than anything in our household except the kids. After all....it is quite possibly one of the baddest DD boats ever made, IMHO.

• Like 3

Oh man! What a nice boat and a great price!!! What's the story with that? Super low hours and no registration. Prop is not stock.

Someone on this site has to end up with that! Would hate to see it go to some wally tuber jackhole or someone who's going to dork it up with a bunch of bling...

An '03 like that is pretty much my dream boat...

No registration is consistent with a private ski lake boat, but low hours is not. Hmmm.

Edit - Inlandlaker if you have not been laying the groundwork for this then shame on you, because the perfect boat is sitting there waiting for you and now you have to play catch up.

So, if that is so you will have to describe why you were looking at boats and thinking that you need to buy one without bringing it up yet.

- to get an idea of the market and what is out there

- to see what we might get for our boat

- to see if it was even "doable" before I brought it up

- in the process I found this great deal too good to pass up.

May the Crew force be with you!

Edited by MalibuTime

I got my brother in law to remark, "wow, if you don't buy it I'm going to".

My wife lost it and ordered me to purchase that boat!

I had already prepared the email offer and swiftly pressed "send".

It took me two years to confess to the scheme.

• Like 1

Wow, that looks just like the boat involved in the horrible tubing accident on Sylvan Lake. (refer to news story within thread "tragedy on Sylvan Lake". ) That dealer is mere miles from Sylvan Lake. Trailer looks slightly different though then images from news stories about the accident. Cannot imagine this boat would be for sale yet, particularly since I do not believe that the investigation is even complete. Also boat driver involved in accident lived on the lake and was very experienced, so I would have to think that there would be far more hours on that boat. Probably a coincidence.

Edited by Michigan Tim

Wow, that looks just like the boat involved in the horrible tubing accident on Sylvan Lake. (refer to news story within thread "tragedy on Sylvan Lake". ) That dealer is mere miles from Sylvan Lake. Trailer looks slightly different though then images from news stories about the accident. Cannot imagine this boat would be for sale yet, particularly since I do not believe that the investigation is even complete. Also boat driver involved in accident lived on the lake and was very experienced, so I would have to think that there would be far more hours on that boat. Probably a coincidence.

Buzzkill.

j/k