Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to convince your divorce attorney wife that.........you need....

Slayer

A new boat. Our local Bu dealer has a 2002 SSLXI that I want to go buy right now. The price is right, and it's the boat that I want and can certainly live with for the next 10 years, but I have not a clue how to convince the CFO that it makes sense and is the right thing to do. Anyone have any wisdom for a fellow skier who wants a better wake than the SSLX will deliver???

Do you have kids?

It has more space. It's safer. The prop is further under the boat because there's a transom overhang.

Does she ride along?

The trunklid is larger. More space to lay out in the sun.

Your LX has an HDS leak, right? :)

Do you have kids?

It has more space. It's safer. The prop is further under the boat because there's a transom overhang.

Does she ride along?

The trunklid is larger. More space to lay out in the sun.

Your LX has an HDS leak, right? :)

Yes, have kids. I understand your sell point on the overhanging transom....never thought about that. Kids are pretty young, one turns five this month and the other is 19 months.

She does not really ride along, particularly because our youngest goes to be so early and I like a twilight course run. We do take days off together during the week and she drives for me, but has not yet figured out how to drive the course very well.

Trunk lid is an easy sell.

Currently, my HDS is leak free.

Tell her the boat you drive is a reflection on her success as an attorney. Sit back and wait for the 2013 model to arrive at your house.

• Like 2

Tell her the boat you drive is a reflection on her success as an attorney. Sit back and wait for the 2013 model to arrive at your house.

If it was this easy, I'd have a REAL nice TXI on the hoist right now......I do like your thinking though.

• Like 1

A new boat. Our local Bu dealer has a 2002 SSLXI that I want to go buy right now. The price is right, and it's the boat that I want and can certainly live with for the next 10 years, but I have not a clue how to convince the CFO that it makes sense and is the right thing to do. Anyone have any wisdom for a fellow skier who wants a better wake than the SSLX will deliver???

Just depends if Michigan is a community property state or not :-)

For me I just convinced my wife that there would be no impact to our lifestyle when I bought the new boat. Sold the old one at a good price, got a great price on the new one by ordering in the winter, and have been paying for it with super cheap money and bonuses. She was pissed for, well, a few months, but now she's at least put the divorce papers away! :innocent:

Yes, have kids. I understand your sell point on the overhanging transom....never thought about that. Kids are pretty young, one turns five this month and the other is 19 months.

She does not really ride along, particularly because our youngest goes to be so early and I like a twilight course run. We do take days off together during the week and she drives for me, but has not yet figured out how to drive the course very well.

Trunk lid is an easy sell.

Currently, my HDS is leak free.

Right... but say you were looking at a fairly large repair bill... If you keep your LX, repair was something you figured you could DIY instead. Then spend a few hours this fall hanging out in the boat in the garage drinking beer with the floor panel up and the music on...

Oh man! What a nice boat and a great price!!! What's the story with that? Super low hours and no registration. Prop is not stock.

Someone on this site has to end up with that! Would hate to see it go to some wally tuber jackhole or someone who's going to dork it up with a bunch of bling...

An '03 like that is pretty much my dream boat...

Edited by UWSkier

Right... but say you were looking at a fairly large repair bill... If you keep your LX, repair was something you figured you could DIY instead. Then spend a few hours this fall hanging out in the boat in the garage drinking beer with the floor panel up and the music on...

Such a classic statement here! That's EXACTLY what I would be doing if I had work to do on the boat. Since I no longer have sleds or motocross bikes to tinker with in the garage, the boat is the only thing that would "keep" me in the garage with said beer and music. You may be on to a good selling point.....yet I must digress...

Her argument would be "let's just pay to get it fixed...you don't need a new boat!" Mind you, in terms of dollars, the cost of the boat has no affect on our financial plans.

Oh man! What a nice boat and a great price!!! What's the story with that? Super low hours and no registration. Prop is not stock.

Someone on this site has to end up with that! Would hate to see it go to some wally tuber jackhole or someone who's going to dork it up with a bunch of bling...

An '03 like that is pretty much my dream boat...

I KNOW!!!! Not worried about the non-stock prop. I'd simply put my stock prop on the SSLX and put the ACME 525 on the SSLXI. You are so right on!

But, the question remains...how the hell to I convince the CFO / Divorce Attorney that this is a HELL of a purchase that simply can't be overlooked? Pending water testing, or course.

I KNOW!!!! Not worried about the non-stock prop. I'd simply put my stock prop on the SSLX and put the ACME 525 on the SSLXI. You are so right on!

But, the question remains...how the hell to I convince the CFO / Divorce Attorney that this is a HELL of a purchase that simply can't be overlooked? Pending water testing, or course.

Does she have a PM box on themalibucrew.com? Maybe create a name for her and link it to her email. :)

• Like 1

If they are the same color, just do it. She'll not notice the difference for quite some time...

A guy bought my B&W 800 speakers on the notion that his wife would not notice that he replaced his 802's. He was wrong. Papers served three days later. No lie.

• Like 2

Clearly bribery is the only way to go. Paris, St. Tropez and Nice are nice this time of year... So's Vancouver and Victoria with her mom.

Uhm, this getting a little too autobigraphical. But hey, it worked for me! She's still mad but we're coming up on 125 hours on her (the boat, not the wife), and still not receiving spousal support ;-)