Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swapped the XM9's for the new SXT9's

Bobby Light

Since I/we don't wakeboard anymore I figured it was time to swap the exile XM9 for the SXT9 surf speakers when they came out.They sound every bit as good as the SXT65 just BETTER, a ton more midbass obviously. They came with the new stainless clamps as well as a new water resistant carry bag with soft fleece like lining in it, pretty nice. Just what I needed for my 12v audio addiction.

">http://s445.photobucket.com/user/jeremyayoung/media/exile1.jpeg.html]exile1.jpeg

">http://s445.photobucket.com/user/jeremyayoung/media/exile7.jpeg.html]exile7.jpeg

">http://s445.photobucket.com/user/jeremyayoung/media/exile6.jpeg.html]exile6.jpeg

">http://s445.photobucket.com/user/jeremyayoung/media/exile4.jpeg.html]exile4.jpeg

">http://s445.photobucket.com/user/jeremyayoung/media/clamp.jpg.html]clamp.jpg

Edited by Bobby Light
  • Like 1

They look real nice and bet they sound good. I have heard the smaller surf speakers and they sounded great. Bet these sound even better.

I totally get the 12v addiction!!!!

Edited by Murphy8166

They look real nice and bet they sound good. I have heard the smaller surf speakers and they sounded great. Bet these sound even better.

I totally get the 12v addiction!!!!

Indeed, they are delightful. The addiction is a curse!

What's the biggest difference you can tell?

At higher volume levels in and around the boat there is a smoother response, more midbass presence, and mellower on the high frequency side. At lower volume levels there isn't much difference at all. For the way I recreate with my boat it's a home run.

I should add one of the most important aspects to me, I don't feel near as guilty about cranking the stereo (which it almost always is) on my home lake. There are houses lining my entire lake, and I always felt bad about how much the sound carries with the HLCD's. One of the reasons I switched. Do you have any idea how an HLCD sounds 100-200 yards away up off the water, it's crazy loud. The surf 9's aren't going to save them from the ported big 15 though :lol: .

• Like 2

I totally "hear" all of your comments. Will these make it to production or is this a friends and family special? I'd be very interested in something like this....

What you see are production models, I'll be painting the grills soon.

Edited by Bobby Light

Looks awesome Bobby, I really like the sound of my buddies' SXT65, I could only imagine how those sound. Just one minor clarification so people don't possibly get mislead, I used my buddies' clamps since he has the Illusion tower and he no need for them. I cracked one of them and am pretty sure they are some kind of chromed alloy.

Looks awesome Bobby, I really like the sound of my buddies' SXT65, I could only imagine how those sound. Just one minor clarification so people don't possibly get mislead, I used my buddies' clamps since he has the Illusion tower and he no need for them. I cracked one of them and am pretty sure they are some kind of chromed alloy.

The old clamps were some sort of cast material, new ones are stainless steel.

Not on the website tho or am I missing something?

I don't know if they are or not, I pre-ordered them so got some of the first shipment at bakes.

• Like 1

There available now, but not on the site yet. The first run was for pre orders and just a few extras. Last I talked to Brian they were about all divied out, but more will be coming shortly.

I could not be happier with the sound performance of the SXT9. It fit exactly what my goals were this time around. The midbass from 6 , 8+ " drivers is just rediculous, no problem feeling it a surf distances. Couple that with the new compact digital amps they have now, I was extremely impressed with the sound quality. I have heard many a full range class d amp and not too many have ever impressed me when it came to sound quality, but these little guys had A LOT of time poured into making the best SQ possible. I was really hesitant to go with them at first and though alot about just sticking with the class A/B Harpoons because I knew what to expect. The smaller size is definetly a plus for instalations.

They are much more pleasant to the people in the boat for sure if that's what you are looking for as I was.

Edited by Bobby Bright
  • Like 1

I currently run JL Audio Amps e6450 6 channel and slash 500.1 for the sub. I have always like the JL amps because they sound awesome and deliver good power. However as I start moving towards dumping the old Titan tower cans for some new tower speakers(I like the sound of these SXT9Q) I may be neading more than 75W RMS per tower speaker so some new amps could be needed.

Curious if the Javelin amps and newer ones stack up well against the JL Audio amps? They have a higher THD percentage than the JL amps, but the 5 channel Javelin is a good bit cheaper than the MHD 900/5 JL Audio amp I am eyeballing as a replacement cabin/sub amp.

Anyone have any experience they could share?