Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini suggestions

peachman

Since my lovely bride gave birth to a beautiful baby girl two weeks ago today (Lily Marie), we are thinking a bimini top would be very nice this summer.

Any suggestions as to a good bimini (soft top) that will fit a Titan III tower? I would ike something that mounts to the tower only and does not require any mounting point on the boat.

I would also like suggestions as to how others keep there babies while boating. we are thinking an infant car seat sitting in the walk through might work okay?

TIA,

JT

Proud papa!

First of all, congratulations to you and your wife!

A car seat always worked well for us. Didn't have a bimini when our kids were infants, but it would have been nice to have. Instead, we strung towels as best we could to provide shade. We also got a little 12v fan to keep a breeze on them.

Since my lovely bride gave birth to a beautiful baby girl two weeks ago today (Lily Marie), we are thinking a bimini top would be very nice this summer.

TIA,

JT

Proud papa!

How about some pictures of Lily Marie?

Any suggestions as to a good bimini (soft top) that will fit a Titan III tower? I would ike something that mounts to the tower only and does not require any mounting point on the boat.

TIA,

JT

Proud papa!

towerbiminis

Congratulations on the new baby! ( The little girl too. ) Biggrin.gif

I would also like suggestions as to how others keep there babies while boating. we are thinking an infant car seat sitting in the walk through might work okay?

TIA,

JT

Proud papa!

Bimini top an absolute must at that age. Many pediatricians will say no sunscreen until 6 months, however sunscreen is the lesser of 2 evils. All 3 of my boys were born end of may and in June, so they were quite tiny. Each went on a week camping trip with the boat between 3-9 weeks old. We used the infant carrier carseat and set it on the floor facing the observers seat. (we didn't have a walkthough at the time but that sounds good too, depending on sun angle)

We always kept the real thin cloth diapers to get wet and lay on him because the seat gets really hot and they can easily dehydrate much quicker than adults or even older kids. Ask your pediatrician about fluids because I seem to remember something about water actually messing up their salt levels so nursing or fomula was best. Bravo if she is nursing because you will find it a lot easier to deal with on the boat.

Infant sunglasses are good too. They are really soft and bendy, and protect their eyes.

When they were one year old we made a make shift seat belt to keep them seated while launching so I could back the boat off trailer. Kept them seated until one of us could be with them.

I have a t3 on 06 vlx... came from Paradise in murrietta, nice set up billet clamps on tower no straps, pretty clean... its in storage, ill take it out next week and take pics w/ it up,,, heres my build pics w/ the bimini not open ;( ... congrats on the new boat rat

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/f311/badbob13ftw/

Edited by badbob13ftw

TIA,

JT

Proud papa!

How about some pictures of Lily Marie?

Thanks all for the congrates and suggestions on the bimini and boating with the youngster!

Here are a few pics. of Lily... :)

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/peachman69/

Thanks,

JT

P.S. Sorry about posting my first inquiry in the wrong location :(