Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Malibu VLX with Surfgate - What is best setup to surf?

Toddshy

I would say 750's and wedge fully deployed (0%). If you have more then a few people you will need to put a body or sac in the bow. With only a driver and spotter you can go 10.6 but with more peeps you will have to bump your speed to 10.8 or over 11.

All hard tanks full with 550 PNP sacs in the rear locker 10.6 MPH with wedge 50% to 100% deployed.

To clarify your wedge settings 200 % is not deployed and 0% is vertical and 100% is full wedge. I assume you are not running full wedge and you have it vertical at 0%?

Edited by old skool malibu

All hard tanks full. Surf side locker 750# full. Non-surf side locker 750# filled anywhere from 45%-75% (depending upon number of people in boat). Wedge all the way down...sometimes 1 or 2 clicks up from bottom depending on how many people in the boat. Cruise set at 11.2 mph paddlewheel (which then ranges from 10.5-11.3) and that is right around 3000 rpm. I am installing the GPS cruise to lessen the variance in the speed.

To clarify your wedge settings 200 % is not deployed and 0% is vertical and 100% is full wedge. I assume you are not running full wedge and you have it vertical at 0%?

Wedge Stowed Away will be 0%. Wedge deployed half way would be 50% etc... I may be saying it wrong

I run mine with all hard tanks full ( front, mid and rear) with 2 550 PNP . wedge all the way down and speed from 10.4 to 10.8.with average of 5 people I usuall tried to have the heavy ones sit in the passenger seat.

I have tried higer speed up to 11.4 but the wake seems to be flatter, changing the prop from factory ( 537 ??) to 1235 made the most differance on boat handling and attitude.

Factory mls full, wedge all way down, 600 sumo sacks full in each locker, two people in bow, speed at 11.0 mph. I can surf this wake forever ropeless, it has a nice transition and great push. Add another 400 in walkway, 400 in bow and it only gets better.

Here is a few pics I found, Full MLS, Wedge all the way down, (2) 600 lb sumo sacs, 11.2 mph, two people in bow, 7 people in the lounge area. All ballast is hidden in these pictures, no bags on floor or seats.

Reduced1_zps4a417a2e.jpg

Reduced3_zps12c56b1d.jpg

This pic is the same ballast setup with only 2 people in the boat (we had a crew of three this day)

SURFING2_zpse6778e56.jpg

Edited by Fman