Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

EPIC Boats Now In Knoxville, TN

Afun

As you guys know the selection of boats here is vast. Looks like Epic is starting off by selling just the center console. I know they make a pretty mean wake boat. The hull does kind of remind me of a canoe.

Any thoughts on this manufacturer....

Epic builds some cool boats. Big wakeboard wake, lots of factory ballast, mercruiser power, lower cost than the bigger name brands. Not sure about the rest of your post. They are built in La. Are you talking about the brand being sold in the Knoxville area??

Epic builds some cool boats. Big wakeboard wake, lots of factory ballast, mercruiser power, lower cost than the bigger name brands. Not sure about the rest of your post. They are built in La. Are you talking about the brand being sold in the Knoxville area??

Yes. Being sold in Knoxville.

Good concept, poor execution.

Your VLX is a far better boat in all aspects, except stock wakeboard wake size. But even then the stock wake on the epic is too big for its shape. Do a search we talked about the Epics here before.

• Like 1

Got it. I think Bret is a little worried about the 8 to 10 percent price increases from Malibu and wants a lower price point brand and the Epic family threw him a good pitch. I was trying to talk him into MB.

Got it. I think Bret is a little worried about the 8 to 10 percent price increases from Malibu and wants a lower price point brand and the Epic family threw him a good pitch. I was trying to talk him into MB.

Wait a second. Not being sold out of Great Wakes...is it??

That was the plan around a month ago.

Interesting...a price point boat (not axis price point) with dealer services in Knoxville, TN should move. They are not bad looking boats.

Interesting...a price point boat (not axis price point) with dealer services in Knoxville, TN should move. They are not bad looking boats.

Except for the nose, and transom speakers.

Edited by MCObray

They are massive boats, no doubt about it. You probably won't like they way they drive compared to a VLX...at all. My brother in law has an Epic 23v and he loves driving our boat...as an analogy he compared the Epic to an old diesel truck and the malibu to a honda civic. (not in terms of quality, just in terms of how easy it is to drive the 'Bu.) They are pigs!

On the flip side, the Epic throws down a MASSIVE factory wake. It's pretty impressive, and complete overkill for most riders' skills, but with some tweaking can be rideable by novice wakeboarders. And while it's not the best wave I've ever surfed, with a bit of practice filling the factory ballast and using the trim tab it puts out a pretty surfable wave without any additional ballast in the boat (a few humans to move around the interior help a lot though)

The transom speakers are kind of gimmicky, but they've grown on me. They are AWESOME for surfing!

Pirates cove is still around, but under new ownership. Will be interesting to see how long the stay around though with TNT in Nashville, the dealer in Chattanooga, skiers marine in north Alabama, and singleton in Georgia.

Makes you wonder if great wakes is not going to have Malibu in the future. Interesting....

They are built around the corner from the dealer. I highly doubt that this will happen. These boats sell like hot cakes. To give a customer a third option in boats at a price point just makes business sense.

They are massive boats, no doubt about it. You probably won't like they way they drive compared to a VLX...at all. My brother in law has an Epic 23v and he loves driving our boat...as an analogy he compared the Epic to an old diesel truck and the malibu to a honda civic. (not in terms of quality, just in terms of how easy it is to drive the 'Bu.) They are pigs!

On the flip side, the Epic throws down a MASSIVE factory wake. It's pretty impressive, and complete overkill for most riders' skills, but with some tweaking can be rideable by novice wakeboarders. And while it's not the best wave I've ever surfed, with a bit of practice filling the factory ballast and using the trim tab it puts out a pretty surfable wave without any additional ballast in the boat (a few humans to move around the interior help a lot though)

The transom speakers are kind of gimmicky, but they've grown on me. They are AWESOME for surfing!

Yea they drive bad and throw a massive wake because of 3600 pounds of stock ballast. I will never want much weight in any of my boats. Fuel efficiency must not be that good. Look how nice the wake is with minimal ballast in the VLX....and surfgate.

We seriously need to get Afun on a billboard selling Malibu. LMAO!

I am a salesman by trade, so I may do a good job selling Malibu's without the billboard. You have to admit that the way the throttle control feels on the Bu's is amazing....just another selling point

I am a salesman by trade, so I may do a good job selling Malibu's without the billboard. You have to admit that the way the throttle control feels on the Bu's is amazing....just another selling point

I like the throttle feel, but my dad (who drives my boat as well) hated it. that is a matter of preference I guess...