Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing Instrument Cluster '06 V-Ride - Dashboard Rattle

Hey guys, as you know I bought my V-Ride a few weeks ago.....well we all know how it goes. As we spend more time on the boat I see/hear/notice little things that I would like to fix.

When my boat is idling, the driver side dash rattles. If I place just one finger with light pressure on top of the dashboard it goes away. It seems to just be the vibration at idle speed that does it. I have looked under the dash to see if I can wedge some foam or rubber in the dashboard to cut the noise out, but there is no access to it.

I am thinking the best way to access it is to pull the instrument cluster...

Can anyone help me out here so I am prepared? All I see on the face is 3 screws. Is that all it takes to get it out? I am very mechanically inclined and I am sure I can figure it out, but it sure is nice to have all these resources at TMC so I can know what to expect before I start a project.

just the face screws that I've ever taken out. really small allen wrench sized ones for my dash. I'm sure you could just add a few pieces of a broken pool noodle or something else as a wedge and get rid of the sound. or install another screw on the face of the instrument panel to hold it from moving and rattling.

Yeah they are tight....I have a piece of hard foam that is similar to a noodle, but a little less spongy that I am going to cut down to wedge in there. I figured it was just the 3 screws, but wanted to make sure before I unscrewed them and it not come loose and me start impatiently yanking on things.....Thanks NDAWG....guess I just need to start messaging you for all of my ?'s Ha Ha