Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuse trippin'

Steve04

Hey guys,

My 05' Wakesetter 23 LSV keeps tripping the fuses for the front ballast tank and one of the rears as well. The other rear tank and center tank are fine; anyone else experience this?

lines could be clogged causing the problem.

remove the pump and clean out the debris from the pump, usually happening on the drain side of the line. but if you're tripping the fuses filling, that also sounds like those pumps need to be checked.

my buddy's 06 VLX wasn't filling and draining as he liked and he was going to take it into dealer just to fix that. I pulled out his pumps and they were just stuck probably from running dry. so I spun it free and it worked like the day it was installed.

if you can take the pumps out and run them they're fine, if they don't run out of their housing I don't know what is going wrong in that instance, but I assume it's saying "replace me".

Sounds like I'll be checking the pumps and lines... Seems like the most logical solution.

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

• 1 year later...

The plastic motor housing on one of my pumps was cracked, causing water to get into the actual electric motor. Of course this caused rust and locked up the pump.

I am sure if you pop out the pump your problem will be obvious. If not, likely a short to ground in the wiring..