Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Introducing.... LucyView!

Tyger

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great idea. I bought two of these cameras since they were so cheap. No drilling or anything. I just used high quality 2-sided tape to mount camera in same position in rear step area below middle of engine covers . The wires ran up over hull then under egnine cover then around along drivers side up to helm where I plugged it directly into one of the MANY maliview video inputs under dash. Works Great. Perfect view on both sides for surfing. Not so great for wakeboarding since rider is so far out and this is wide angle. But I did it for surfing anyways. Thanks again for the great post and excellent idea!!!

• 1 month later...

This is such a great idea, thanks so much for sharing! I purchased the same camera for my VLX and just got it installed. Here is a pic of my mounting location, I also used very strong double-sided tape. I guessed a bit at the viewing angle, but should be fairly close. Plus, it can be adjusted a bit on the included mount using a small allen wrench.

IMG_1905_zpse678bbe1.jpg

• 4 months later...

This would be really interesting if someone came up with a way to send the video to an android phone. That way it could be utilized by folks without malview

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This would be really interesting if someone came up with a way to send the video to an android phone. That way it could be utilized by folks without malviewSent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

GoPro already does that, at least with the iPhone but I assume Android too.

GoPro already does that, at least with the iPhone but I assume Android too.

I mean with a cheap backup camera.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you google WIFI backup camera there are a bunch that would do the trick but IMHO it would be a waste when you could do it with a GoPro, Ion or any action camera and actually be able to record decent video too.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

For those of you who have made this mod and have lived with it for a while... Thoughts? Cheap cameras holding up ok?

Who has done this with a current camera? I'd prefer to do wifi to my iPhone so I don't lose the maliview screen....

Hi I have a 2015 vlx. i have tried to hook up a backup camera and view the images, i cannot get any image at all. i have the yellow rca plug from camera to the RCA plug in the glove box. i have gone to the media on the on my screen a black box comes up however no image?? I have looked in setup to see if there was anything to turn on, i did not see anything.

any suggestions?