Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Introducing.... LucyView!

Tyger

we have a system: handle held vertical means pull tight, handle held horizontal means go

You know you can just yell "gear" to pull tight and "hit it" to go. :) Or other words if those don't suit you.

I just installed that same cam on my truck. Great image for the $$$. And if it holds up on the back of the boat no worries about it holding up on a truck (some reviews say it fogs).

Nice write up and review! Too bad no budget options that don't reverse the rider and not have the lines...

I tested two cameras at $15 and two at $30. They were twice as much, but still not breaking the bank.

I'll probably test a few more expensive cameras when I can find them with the right features and a wide view angle.

That's a great idea!!

I might entertains donning this, this winter. I have a back camera in my Platinum F150.

Never realized how valuable that is until got the truck!!!

OMG! I gotta quit checking this site. Just when I think I'm done with boat mods for a while.....and now I see this! Lol

Great job! I'll put it on my upgrade list. I'd love to have a better view of goofy foot riders. Speakers and tower and boards obscure the view.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have to buy anything. I had to create my own bullet connectors for power. I just used some heavy gauge wire and solder. I used some silicone caulk I had lying around to mount it.

Here's a picture of it mounted. Sorry it took so long.

WP_20130816_004.jpg

The button is to control the viewing angles.

The link above is quick video of the camera scrolling through the different viewing angles. You can also do a press and hold on the button to turn off the grid that is on the screen.