Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you like to ask Malibu Boats if you could?

Bawshogg

I can answer the "gate windguard" question

I am in no way defending mc, but my glovebox door is on gas hinge and is super sturdy and waterproof. The air dam is one piece and does not rattle like the old style two piece ones.

Back to topic....

I would ask why no adjustable height driver seat.

Why does Malibu charge you to put a step on the back of the boat mate trailer when the standard boat mate trailer has the step.

Will you ever offer a teak platform option again?

Any plans to have quad tanks and bow storage design?

why no tower design that fits under a standard garage door?

Edited by bamabonners
  • Like 2

i have several questions for the Malibu rep:

1. how innovative and amazing does he feel Malibu products are?;

2. does Malibu have any amazing products?;

3. which boats do the amazing dealers love to order?

4. which amazing feature of their boats does he find to be the most amazing?;

oh, and ha ha ha, what about the rumors on that new hull design, the VLS, hydrofoil stealth model??

• Like 1

Why can't / won't any dealer fix any warranty issue with your boat no matter where you bought it?

I agree, it should be like a ford dealership. My dad'd f250 broke down in Memphis, 3 hours from home. Got towed to local ford dealer. They replaced some sensor and he was back on the road a couple hours later.

Release the Titan III please?

Can I get a boat without maliviuew and with real switches?

Can you bring back the Sunsetter and Sportster?

• Like 2

A couple more questions/suggestions....

-A cleat up near front bow of the boat to tie boat off

-Improving vinyl bead on rear seats (double stitched?) , my center cushion is pulling apart on center cushion and corner cushion. Maybe a fold down stepping pad to eliminate some wear and tear coming off the walkover transom cover.

-Windscreen that does not need to be elevated up with rubber stoppers to sit fush with center window

-Rear facing seating options (VLX)

-Hinged ice chest cooler on all models (currently not on the VLX/VTX)

-Impeller driven ballast system to fill bags (another option from PnP)

-Something to secure center window when opened up

-Drivers seat with open mesh rear backing to cool driver (like Tige offers)

-Adjustable drivers seat (like Supra offers)

-Second bilge pump in center inspection cover, reposition current bilge pump to more center of the boat

-Second gas shock on ski locker doors to lighten up covers

and for fun....

when you order a new boat a custom plate stamped with "Custom built for the xxxx family/persons name" that can be removed when boat is sold. I thought where my current MUX switch plate is located on rear seat would be a great spot and add a little personal touch from Malibu.

• Like 1

New tower ..

Larger ballast tanks

More interior colours ..and better quality

Folding tower without needing to hold it up and sit there removing bolts to fold it !

No screws showing on outside of surf gate please...on all models..

Do something with the frame above engine so paint doesn't flake off

Rear facing seats ,

Use better quality ss screws so they don't rust easy

Maybe larger wedge ...

More hidden ballast in the bow ..

I gotta ask what's wrong with the G3?

You would think they would get better screws and such with the saltwater package.... Guess not.

I think some of you should go back and review what the title of this thread says.

It's not a want list of what you think should be on the boat. It's a question and answer thread for Malibu corporate, IF we could get a Q/A session .None of that crap you just posted is a valid question to someone who take his job seriously at Malibu. That's a b**** list. Does not pertain to what this thread is about.

• Like 2

Indeed, and that's the type of questions that can be reasonable asked and hopefully

Answered. Not " Why does my cooler leak" and ""You should put In 110v outlet so

My wife can blow dry her hair" . That's just dumb s*** and like I said in the OP "don't be a moron".

Looks like some of you may have skimmed over that part. This is for legitimate questions that could be asked in a professional manner.

The warranty question and the vinyl discolour question are the top 2 in my mind.

IMO, the warranty question is on the right track. Now lets reasonably think about asking the vinyl question that a few have experienced. If they were to address that question in an public online forum, it would be admitting online that there is an actual problem with the vinyl (although I suspect, IME, that it's the dark boat covers getting the vinyl too hot). Can you imagine the flack that would cause them? Lets see, first ALL the other boat makers would be quoting them saying their vinyl is trash and they know it (even though it's not). Second, how many new buyers would be turned off of Malibu because the vinyl is going to turn brown on them. They will be 100% sure that it will happen to them if they buy a Malibu that they will look elsewhere even if they don't know another Mfg might be using the same vinyl. Think of all the warranty claims that would show up if someone from Malibu posted there is actually a problem.

We have to be honest with ourselves. The questions that they will entertain publicly will not be questions that will damage themselves in any way. Put your self in their shoes and think about how the question will effect them if they answer it publicly. If there are questions that they feel are damaging in any way, they aren't going to answer those or maybe even refuse to cooperate at all. We all have questions we would like to express to them about issues with the boats, it's not going to happen publicly. Your kind of seeing why the interview that Ryan posted in the other thread contained little real info.

• Like 1

You make a thread about "What would you ask Malibu?", people respond with ideas or improvements and you reply back with its nothing but crap.... I purchased two boats from Malibu in the last couple years, I think any ideas or improvements are totally valid. There are some flaws in the boat that could definitely be improved that "Malibu Corporate" should be aware of.... I should have started my post with "This is what I would ask Malibu, could you add or improve these features of the boat?"

Dear Malibu......I am still waiting. Yes, the warranty thing. No, I am not going to go away.

I have an awesome dealer who I buy from every time and always will, so this is not about me. It's about those who cannot get legit work done under the written warranty for WHATEVER REASON. What is more important to Malibu .....honoring a warranty the same way every manufacturer on the planet does, or engaging in price fixing by punishing those who do not play along with the local dealer who enjoys a same brand competition free environment due to territory selling? How about we just stop buying Malibu boats while Malibu gives this some thought? Seriously. I'll gladly go first. I just sold my 2010 and plan to buy a 2014 in the spring. I will state here and now that I will not place an order until this warranty thing has been addressed by Malibu. Game on.