Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you like to ask Malibu Boats if you could?

Bawshogg

As the Title states. This was brought up in another thread and I thought it would be cool to pose some questions to Malibu as a companay as a collective group of the most loyal and devoted Malibu customers.

Understand that not all questions will be suitable for submitting, please don't be a Moron, but I believe that it would be nice on occasion to actually hear from someone at Malibu about future devolpements, happenings and potential issues that may have a resolutiuon available.

Let's see what you guys got?

I'll start it off.

Noticing that for the 2014 model year some of the engine choices have changed to a new supplier, Marine Power. What is the reasoning behind the change away from Indmar on these specific engines?

• Like 1

As the Title states. This was brought up in another thread and I thought it would be cool to pose some questions to Malibu as a companay as a collective group of the most loyal and devoted Malibu customers.

Understand that not all questions will be suitable for submitting, please don't be a Moron, but I believe that it would be nice on occasion to actually hear from someone at Malibu about future devolpements, happenings and potential issues that may have a resolutiuon available.

Let's see what you guys got?

I'll start it off.

Noticing that for the 2014 model year some of the engine choices have changed to a new supplier, Marine Power. What is the reasoning behind the change away from Indmar on these specific engines?

My dealer asked them this, and they said it's due to some changes with inmars electronics ont heir engines and how it works with the computer systems in the BUs. May be a BS answer, but it does give pause in buying a 14 with the 450...

I thought I would take the liberty of posting Ronnie's off the cuff suggestions for how this topic could work:

"The membership can post their questions and the rest of the membership can Like the responses to the question in that post. The questions that get the most likes could be the ones that would be used IF it gets as far as a real interview. There will be many that will need to be trimmed because they are posted by someone having issues with their boat etc.

-The questions will have to be directed to Malibu in a real way that will actually be answered.

-The questions will not be used in a way to retaliate to problems.

-Ask questions that aren't pertaining to future development, problems with designs etc. that they will likely answer"

My dealer asked them this, and they said it's due to some changes with inmars electronics ont heir engines and how it works with the computer systems in the BUs. May be a BS answer, but it does give pause in buying a 14 with the 450...

I dont buy it.CAN network specs are pretty standard across manufactures, and there is nothing revolutionary going on with the module communications network in these boats. Let's not provide suspect answers . Let's hope we get answers from the source.

I have seen some early photos and it looks like the L96 may be coming from Marine Power now. Rules out the "corvette" tax.

I dont buy it.CAN network specs are pretty standard across manufactures, and there is nothing revolutionary going on with the module communications network in these boats. Let's not provide suspect answers . Let's hope we get answers from the source.

I have seen some early photos and it looks like the L96 may be coming from Marine Power now. Rules out the "corvette" tax.

This was from the source, so not exactly a suspect answer. They may be making it up to hide the cost savings they aren't passing along, but that's the exact answer my dealer got form malibu. Spoke to him right after he left the meeting with them

Only the LS3 this year, not the L96

I have a great relationship with my dealer, and the fact is that everything he's said, including all info on the 14 lsv, have been 100% accurate.

Edited by CJAY

Be nice to Mae boat so have access under drivers side and glove box area from the bow like MasterCrafts.

Clips on all seats so they don't fly out in big winds towing.

Better spot for cooler lie in the walkway like on centurion.

My boa is an 07 so might have solved this but need bigger ballast pumps.

Why is the driver seat so low?

Can you put a bow wind blocker build in like a gate, have seen this also on MasterCrafts and think it is a great idea

Hmm, can see this thread getting sideways pretty fast.

Here is one - With the explosive growth of the middle/upper middle class in China had Malibu been doing any work towards getting a factory-level foothold in that market? Maybe they are already and it is super-secret. Maybe a better way to phrase it is what is Malibu doing to capture sales in China?

I can answer the "gate windguard" question

Yeah those things are really terrible. Tige has a nice answer to it with having it fold up under the bow cushion

Hmm, can see this thread getting sideways pretty fast.

Here is one - With the explosive growth of the middle/upper middle class in China had Malibu been doing any work towards getting a factory-level foothold in that market? Maybe they are already and it is super-secret. Maybe a better way to phrase it is what is Malibu doing to capture sales in China?

Better question yet...Can Malibu's be made in China so we can finally get that 'price point' boat we've all heard exists. :lol:

• Like 2

Better question yet...Can Malibu's be made in China so we can finally get that 'price point' boat we've all heard exists. :lol:

No, I hope not!!! When it comes to boats and cars I now live by a strick buy America only rule. It's not feasible to do this with most things in life anymore (without extreme measures), but it is still very reasonable when it comes to large purchases like cars and boats.

Edited by Cory
  • Like 3

No, I hope not!!! When it comes to boats and cars I now live by a strick buy America only rule. It's not feasible to do this with most things in life anymore (without extreme measures), but it is still very reasonable when it comes to large purchases like cars and boats.

Forgive me OP while I jump off topic for a second :)

Buying 'American' doesn't mean anything if it's not produced in America IMO... Not calling you out cause your cars may be, but most people buy into the marketing and think that just cause they allude to it on TV that their rig is actually American made. Lots of foreign owned manufactures assemble/produce more of their vehicles here in the US then their 'domestic' counterparts.

Okay, back to questions you would like to ask Malibu that will never get answered :tease1:

Forgive me OP while I jump off topic for a second :)

Buying 'American' doesn't mean anything if it's not produced in America IMO... Not calling you out cause your cars may be, but most people buy into the marketing and think that just cause they allude to it on TV that their rig is actually American made. Lots of foreign owned manufactures assemble/produce more of their vehicles here in the US then their 'domestic' counterparts.

Okay, back to questions you would like to ask Malibu that will never get answered :tease1:

I understand many Hondas/Toyotas are assembled in the US and I'm glad they are. But the profits go overseas. A Ford/GM is typically assembled in the US and the profits stay here. There are exceptions to every rule--I know. Perhaps there are some models that are made in Mexico (not my F-150 though). As for manufactured in Canada, that doesn't bother me too much, since I'm half Canadian--with a bias towards my US half.

What are you doing to fix the discoloration of the upholstery?

Best question so far. One they should be able to answer, one way or the other.

MADE IN USA - Over the years this has been a very important topic for me. My parents being Cuban immigrants....

If the product is assembled by American workers and because of this product American workers have jobs....by all means that is Made In USA.

I do not care if some of the components are made overseas.

I understand many Hondas/Toyotas are assembled in the US and I'm glad they are. But the profits go overseas. A Ford/GM is typically assembled in the US and the profits stay here. There are exceptions to every rule--I know. Perhaps there are some models that are made in Mexico (not my F-150 though). As for manufactured in Canada, that doesn't bother me too much, since I'm half Canadian--with a bias towards my US half.

My Silverado was assembled primarily in Mexico.