Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Happens when Confidence turns into Cockiness...

JB-FOOT

The best part of the whole video is at the END...just listen to my "FRIENDS" in the boat...PRICELESS!

Just proves the old saying...if you're gonna be dumb...ya gotta be tough!

Not sure if that was you or a friend, but the footer was making that look so easy right up until the end.

Yes WakeGirl. that is me....and I WAS showing how easy it was.....RIGHT UP TO THE END!

I laugh every time I watch this, my FRIENDS were Sooooooo supportive.......you can tell by their genuine concern...no wait....that was LAUGHTER..... :lol:

I actually was trying to show some of the guys I ski with, how easy 1 foots are, and that you can do them in many different ways and styles....and then my male ego and arrogance took over....HAHA...Had to show off, and then got knocked down a peg to reality....I just love footing......cuz soon as you get over confident.....BAM....

Our typical response is "would you like a little mustard with that? Hotdog!" :)

HA...I LOVE it......I will steal that line for sure!

Nice job JB.

Water looked great. Must of been a little ripple at your fall. :)

Dale, more like......" I could have had it.....had you just been going FASTER"....

how many times have we heard that BS line....LOL

And that's why I'm afraid to try barefooting! I was clenched up the whole time watching the video, just waiting....

BADGER......do not be afraid.....because catching a toe or heel while wakeboarding at 22 mph hurts way more than that fall I just did at 41 mph.....

I was GLAD I had that neckbrace on though.... :cry:

And that's why I'm afraid to try barefooting! I was clenched up the whole time watching the video, just waiting....

Same here, I was holding my breath the entire time.

Yes WakeGirl. that is me....and I WAS showing how easy it was.....RIGHT UP TO THE END!

I laugh every time I watch this, my FRIENDS were Sooooooo supportive.......you can tell by their genuine concern...no wait....that was LAUGHTER..... :lol:

I actually was trying to show some of the guys I ski with, how easy 1 foots are, and that you can do them in many different ways and styles....and then my male ego and arrogance took over....HAHA...Had to show off, and then got knocked down a peg to reality....I just love footing......cuz soon as you get over confident.....BAM....

That's so great. The times that I try footing though, I stay on the bar. I know that if I catch a toe that I'm good as long as I hang on. Being on a handle....that thought makes me cringe.

That's so great. The times that I try footing though, I stay on the bar. I know that if I catch a toe that I'm good as long as I hang on. Being on a handle....that thought makes me cringe.

Not meaning to hijack the thread but seriously, I have a boom. Can I avoid the faceplant by hanging on? I would like to try....once. JB, you really do make it look easy. But so does the guy juggling chainsaws.

martinarcher

Yes, the boom is the safest way to start learning, but the key is that you have to hold on to avoid that faceplant.

:lol: That's what Jack told me the Sat at the WOW he got me footing. The second time I let go and flushed my eyeballs TJ told me if I was into self preservation, take the holding on thing seriously, but if your into entertaining those in the boat, keep letting go. :lol: I entertained them a couple more times and finally grabbed a short line and got the hang of it. I think for me the skiing and wakeboarding instinct of letting go when things go bad to minimize crash impact just is engrained in me way too deep. :lol:

Not meaning to hijack the thread but seriously, I have a boom. Can I avoid the faceplant by hanging on? I would like to try....once. JB, you really do make it look easy. But so does the guy juggling chainsaws.

if you are directly on the boom hold on.

if you are on a short-line dump it.

Yeah, it's a tough one to overcome if you're a life long skier. But you've got to hold on to the bar if you're going to save yourself some pain.

3 Rules for barefooting with a boom while holding on to it directly:

Rule #1

Don't let go of the boom!

Rule #2

Don't let go of the boom!

Rule #3

Don't forget Rules #1 & #2 !!!

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • Like 1