Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower question

MalibuBnut

I am looking to buy a tower for my 98 sportster. I am looking for suggestions. I want to find something that is rigid and won't rattle a whole bunch. Really like the Titan towers but I'm not sure if there is one that will fit my boat. Any info will be appreciated. Tower, and place to shop for tower. Also I would like to have a Bimini for it. Preferably something that secures to tower and not the boat itself. I know the crew can help. Thanks in advance.

I have a Monster MT 1 tower on my 95 sunsetter and love it. They are rock solid and have a great price $799. Not as flashy as some of the other towers out there but do the same job and are a helluva lot cheaper.

Edited by peterman
  • Like 1

I looked at the starone towers they are pretty nice. The monster towers are ok too. Structure is Definitely most important but looks are certainly important too. I found the skylon swoop. I really like how it looks. I don't know about the structural integrity. I don't want it to cause stress cracks. Also I really don't know how to install it so I am going to have to pay someone probably. Thanks for the replies.

I have a 2001 Sportster and i fitted an Indy Pro tower approx 8 months ago. I ran with it for the remainder of our season ( approx 4 months) and have found it ti be really solid.

Its totally a personal thing, but I am very happy with the way it looks on my boat . Its our off season here in Australia now, but I cant wait to get back out on the water.

I have the Skylon Swoop. No stress crack issues (even traveling long distances on the road loaded up with speakers).

It isn't super rigid, especially loaded down with speakers/boards. Rock solid forward and back but there is some movement side to side (but no squeaks/rattles). It isn't the best tower for running wiring in either but can be done.

That said, for the $2000 + shipping Skylon wants I would be looking elsewhere if buying a tower. Mine came with it, otherwise I'd spend a bit more for a Samson Blade.