Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf board transportation/storage tips

jwl019

I am curious to hear how the ones with multiple boards keep them all when on the boat or underway to the water.

I currently have a IS Blue Lake and have just tucked it in beside the drivers chair running along the side towards the rear seat with no bag/sock covering it. When at the lake it fits nicely in my wakeboard racks.

I am getting a Victoria Factor PCX and a LF Doum this week and so now I will have multiple boards to contend with. Since they are so light, where do you set them when driving to the water especially at highway speeds and how many people actually use the socks to cover them?

Thanks

I put three wakesurf boards and three wakeboards in the back of my truck. I put the longest in first then a blanket then the second longest an then the shortest, each with either blanket or towel between them. The I put wakeboards with edge protectors on top. Seems to work well.

I am curious to hear how the ones with multiple boards keep them all when on the boat or underway to the water.

I currently have a IS Blue Lake and have just tucked it in beside the drivers chair running along the side towards the rear seat with no bag/sock covering it. When at the lake it fits nicely in my wakeboard racks.

I am getting a Victoria Factor PCX and a LF Doum this week and so now I will have multiple boards to contend with. Since they are so light, where do you set them when driving to the water especially at highway speeds and how many people actually use the socks to cover them?

Thanks

Hey J,

Minor hijack, but when you get the Vic & the Doum, would you post a review on each?

Hey J,

Minor hijack, but when you get the Vic & the Doum, would you post a review on each?

Sure will! I figure since I can't demo a board anywhere around here, I should just buy the ones I really wanted and try them out, lol! Only ones I am missing are Calibrated Piscus and Phase 5 Daniello Pro Carbon, just ran out of toy money for the time being.

Did you try out any boards on your list this weekend?

The crew I go out with has rigged a car surf pad and strap underneath the bimini to keep boards out of the way when not in use. It works really well.

Hey J,

I can only give a small review at this point since the weather has not been cooperating, but hopefully soon I can give a good review.

The Factor PCX: fast and loose, I actually had to bump the speed up on the boat to account for how fast it is. I have not landed a 360 yet, but I am real close and have only had two rides where I attempted it.

LF Doum: pretty loose and not quiet as fast as the PCX, I have not spent much time on it since really wanting to like the PCX more but my 12 yr old is loving it and went ropeless for his first time.

My wake is struggling for some reason and really washed out, I have been able to improve it some but it is not looking like what I had back home.