Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monsoon 325 - heater hose connection.

I feel like an idiot, but can anyone point me to where the heater hot water line most likely ties to the block. I think my heater core has sprung a leak. I was hoping to find a cut off valve at the motor end, but didn't see anything.... was getting a little dark. What is the easiest temporary "bypass" fix? Thanks

There are two heater hoses, both will run under your floor boards toward the front of the boat. Depending on the year, one will be coming off the intake manifold area of the engine, and the other will either be coming off the side of the raw water pump, or if you have the heatercraft verturi tube, will be coming from your lake water pickup hose between the grate on the bottom of your boat and your impeller.

Easiest way to bypass? Get a piece of hose (I think they are 1/2" dia heater hose) can be found at any auto part store, and disconnect the hoses from where identied (above), and run your new hose from point ot point. Your heater box is now completely disengaged from the water system.

I put garden hose type connectors in both heater hoses. Makes it easier to winterize the heater, and they are installed in opposite directions so I can totally bypass the heater core if needed.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all. I took Grebledone's advise and used brass hose menders under the dash. I will pull the heater core and replace this off season. I was able to locate the hoses at the engine fairly easy in the daylight... Was just too dark at the time and I was tired of the sauna under the helm.