Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New guy with a whats this boat worth question

Etz

Been looking for a while for a project boat. My current Frankenstein boat, which started out as just a shell is getting a bit long in the tooth. I found a 2000 23 ft lsv that needs a motor. I haven't seen the boat personally because of it location, but the seller states its in excellent condition ( other than the cracked block). What's a pretty plane, standard LSV actually going for. I know what NADA says and what people are asking, but what are they really getting?

One thing I learned while looking at used boats is, one persons "excellent condition" may not be the same as someone else's. I can't tell you how many times I've heard excellent condition and then started asking questions, looking at pics I have them send, or actually taking a look at it and then be surprised at how bad it is!

Before driving/shipping ask him to send you a ton of pics and definitely of any flaws on boat, trailer, upholstery, etc.

• Like 2

One thing I learned while looking at used boats is, one persons "excellent condition" may not be the same as someone else's. I can't tell you how many times I've heard excellent condition and then started asking questions, looking at pics I have them send, or actually taking a look at it and then be surprised at how bad it is!

Before driving/shipping ask him to send you a ton of pics and definitely of any flaws on boat, trailer, upholstery, etc.

When I was shopping for my first inboard I talked to a guy who had an 88 Ski Nautique. He was 3.5 hours away and told me it was mint. I drove all the way down there on a week night, with cash and my truck. I get there and its tied to his dock with no fenders at all. Just banging against the dock! I step into the thing, which needed a COMPLETE NEW INTERIOR, and my foot almost blew through the floor. I start the thing up, and when I put it in gear it sounds like I rev the thing up and after 3 or 4 seconds dump the clutch. Many other grinding noises coming from the trans.

I couldn't believe it. And the dude was blown away when I didn't buy it.

Oh, and the trailer was like an old wheelbarrow.

Go look at it if you can is my point.

Edited by Levi900RR

Can't agree with you more. When I sell something I want the pearson looking at it to be surprised how nice it is when they actually look at it. Craigslist seems to have been the downfall of the honest description.

Good condition, not needing an engine. I would say around 20K. This could easily swing 5G's in either direction depending on options and condition.

That's the range I was thinking. I think I can get it done for around 17500. It does have a tower and perfect pass, but nothing exotic. I am just not familiar with Malibu boats.

Go look if you can. i drove 5 hours to buy a boat off of condition in pictures. The pictures were of when the boat was new. It, too, was banging against a dock with no protection and it had been recently used and food / adult beverage garbage everywhere. It obviously hadn't been taken care of so we didn't even test drive it.