Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Racks without Tower

5genTexan

OK, this is going to be "out there." - Our 2005 RLXi only has about 22 hours on it and we really don't want to put a tower on it. We want to keep the sleak, in the water, look. But, has anyone ever seen someone mount racks right to the gunnels? I'm thinking about professionally mounting some sort of board/ski rack, with a quick-release, on the gunnel(s). In theory, it sounds like it would be perfect for what we want...getting stuff off the floor without installing a tower.

Any thoughts on that? I'm sure someone has done it. If not, I guess I better call someone quick, eh, while it is still my idea. Biggrin.gif

Heck no, just offering an option. I'd have to ask if they'll sell bottom legs as a part.

Peter

Hey Peter,

Do you have any awesome deals on Moster or Titan towers and racks or would it be the same as from my local guy? '98 Sunsetter LX.

Thanks, Mark

If you mounted racks on the gunnels they would be in the way of the slalom rope.

Michael beat me to it. The tangles would be an endless hassle unless you mount them up by the bow, but I think it would look funky.

Hey Peter,

Do you have any awesome deals on Moster or Titan towers and racks or would it be the same as from my local guy? '98 Sunsetter LX.

Thanks, Mark

Mark, I replied to your email, and it immediately bounced back.

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.

The return address was "<[email protected]>"

I guess I'm not supposed to be the person they say I am.

Peter

Here's another option. There's a boat on our lake that has board racks that clamp onto the rails around the open bow up front. Looks kinda different but gets them off the floor out of the way.