Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Optrix

Levi900RR

Have a buddy that says it's great - don't know if it's one of those deals where he wants everyone to do what he did to rationalize his decision, or if it's accurate. Which GoPro do you have?

Have a buddy that says it's great - don't know if it's one of those deals where he wants everyone to do what he did to rationalize his decision, or if it's accurate. Which GoPro do you have?

I have the first gen go pro. Not even 1080P. I would probably keep it and just have this for snapping pics off the boat.

I think that I'm with shawn when it comes to anything where it could end up at the bottom of the lake. But that thing looks great for other purposes. I've never been able to justify the cost of a Go Pro, but at the same time would love to be able to record my bike rides. So it could fit the bill nicely for that kind of purpose.

I am going to have to put in my recommendation for the LifeProof case. Last night, there was a wasp in my garage that was really getting on my last nerve. So I got out the 20' shooting wasp spray stuff and chased him/her around the garage shooting that spray everywhere. Some got on my car, so I backed it out int he driveway to hose the car down because I didn't know if the wasp spray would mess up the paint or not. After hosing the car down for at least 15 minutes, I saw that I had left my iPhone in its Lifeproof case on top of the car on the passenger side (wasp spray overspray was on drivers side so I was standing on that side hosing the car down).

iPhone is fine, even after being soaked, and I mean soaked, for 15 minutes with the hose.

I did not know they made a floater attachment for the case...I am definitely going to get one if I buy a new boat.....

Ehh, I'd still rather have my GoPro 3 Silver.

- When mounted to my tower, I can remotely turn it on/off with my iPhone without having to mess with the GoPro itself

- Removable SD card. I have a 32GB card - my iPhone is only 16GB and a lot of that is Apps and music

- Better quality video

- Case is $130. A GoPro 3 White is only $200.

- Not nearly the number of accessories and they look to be more expensive

- I fear losing my iPhone to the drink or crushing it apart.

It is the accessories that really add up. I have more into those than I do in the GoPro itself. I also run a stainless steel tethering cable any time on the water where I don't have the floating door on. On the boat I either have it mounted to the transom or the tower, though I like the tower shots a lot better. I also have a surf board mount but haven't used it yet. Also have a bunch of other mounts for non-water activities.

Ehh, I'd still rather have my GoPro 3 Silver.

- When mounted to my tower, I can remotely turn it on/off with my iPhone without having to mess with the GoPro itself

- Removable SD card. I have a 32GB card - my iPhone is only 16GB and a lot of that is Apps and music

- Better quality video

- Case is $130. A GoPro 3 White is only $200.

- Not nearly the number of accessories and they look to be more expensive

- I fear losing my iPhone to the drink or crushing it apart.

It is the accessories that really add up. I have more into those than I do in the GoPro itself. I also run a stainless steel tethering cable any time on the water where I don't have the floating door on. On the boat I either have it mounted to the transom or the tower, though I like the tower shots a lot better. I also have a surf board mount but haven't used it yet. Also have a bunch of other mounts for non-water activities.

I think I'm just gonna get a new Go Pro... AND, I might get this to put on just for boating. :lol: