Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ranking of boat brands?

jeepurz

I need to start this thread with a couple comments.

1. This may be a biased question on this site but hoping to start good dialog.
  2. I'm NOT trying to start a brand flame discussion.
  3. Most people are quite biased/brand loyal for any number of reasons(ie: I like 'bu's and I'm just a poser that doesn't even own one yet...)

On to my question. Is there any general consensus by DD/V-drive boat owners about ranking of boat characteristics by brand? I'm thinking of a couple topics:

• Build quality
  • entry vs. middle of the road vs. luxury boats
  • price for what you get(includes build quality, etc..)
  • Longevity
  • etc....

I'm thinking about a couple of the major brand like Malibu, Natique, Master, Moomba, etc...

I'm wincing as I write this because I seriously don't want to start a flame war, I'm just trying to educate myself.

TJ

Your first three are all good boats the moomba is a bit of a lower quality boat. The moomba and supra brands are both made by skiers choice. Supra as high end and moomba as lower end. (sitll better than most stern drives).

The high end boats (Malibu, Mastercraft, Nautique, Supra) are all great boats find what features you want and the styling you like (Mastercraft towers are UGLY...ect) and you will be able to see what you like and dont like. (some people actually like those MC towers).

Your first three are all good boats the moomba is a bit of a lower quality boat. The moomba and supra brands are both made by skiers choice. Supra as high end and moomba as lower end. (sitll better than most stern drives).

The high end boats (Malibu, Mastercraft, Nautique, Supra) are all great boats find what features you want and the styling you like (Mastercraft towers are UGLY...ect) and you will be able to see what you like and dont like. (some people actually like those MC towers).

Would you throw Tige into those 4 as well?

+1 to Woodski, but I think even the footing crowd would agree that although Sanger is the best wake hands down, their build quality/details are below par.

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid this had already been beaten dead but never found the discussion nDawg posted when I was searching for info.