Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat delivery

ricnvic

I'm getting nervous to know when my boat will arrive. I know that it takes 10 working days to build, then it ships to vacaville to wait for delivery to the dealership, does anyone know how long it takes to get your boat after it leaves the favtory? They told me that when it goes to vacaville it has to wait for a full truck load to your dealer and could take from 2 days to 3 weeks Cry.gif I hope I don't have to wait that long.

I wish that there was a cut & dried answer, but you know about as much as there is to know about it. It will really depend on whether your boat will be waiting for a bunch of other boats to fill the truck or if your boat is the one that the rest of them are waiting on to fill the delivery.

It must be tough waiting for your new boat to arrive - I can only imagine...

Funny how with the technology this day-n-age, that it almost makes it harder knowing that the boat is built in 10 days, but might sit for 2 weeks in a storage yard 40miles away.

Like watching your anticipated UPS shipment hit each transfer as it crosses the country, only to get stuck for a few days in the local distribution warehouse. I've even tried calling to see if I could go get it myself when it was something I wanted to install over the weekend etc... but no luck

The waiting is difficult for sure!

Good luck - can't wait to see it!

I'm getting nervous to know when my boat will arrive. I know that it takes 10 working days to build, then it ships to vacaville to wait for delivery to the dealership, does anyone know how long it takes to get your boat after it leaves the favtory? They told me that when it goes to vacaville it has to wait for a full truck load to your dealer and could take from 2 days to 3 weeks Cry.gif I  hope I don't have to wait that long.

Vacaville....I assume you bought from Ultimate Watersports/Copes? Vacaville is a Copes wherehouse. Your dealer should be able to send someone down to pick it up the day it arrives. What dealer? I forget what city has UWS up north.

I'm getting nervous to know when my boat will arrive. I know that it takes 10 working days to build, then it ships to vacaville to wait for delivery to the dealership, does anyone know how long it takes to get your boat after it leaves the favtory? They told me that when it goes to vacaville it has to wait for a full truck load to your dealer and could take from 2 days to 3 weeks Cry.gif I  hope I don't have to wait that long.

Vacaville....I assume you bought from Ultimate Watersports/Copes? Vacaville is a Copes wherehouse. Your dealer should be able to send someone down to pick it up the day it arrives. What dealer? I forget what city has UWS up north.

ultimate watersports inn Rancho Cordova.

No hijack intended but I'm curious as to whether you can arrange to pick the boat up at the factory yourself and take it to the dealer for any prep work to be done.

Usually you cannot pick the boat up at the factory. I asked about this on a prior boat and was told that they did not do it at that time at least.

No hijack intended but I'm curious as to whether you can arrange to pick the boat up at the factory yourself and take it to the dealer for any prep work to be done.

No. He doesn't officially own it yet, and it is not registered.

Also, the boat is not titled, they give the dealer statment of origin so technically you could resell the boat with no problems. Also, if there was any "shipping damage" you would be responsible.

You can go watch your boat be built though...

My spray date is this monday out of the fairfield store I hope to get my by memorial day weekend. Maybe my boat will help yours out.

The waiting is the worst! Cry.gif

I can't wait to see it.......... I'm sure it will make me want to get a new one.... kind of like test driving a new car........