Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview Navigation / GPS

rivrat

Hey all,

We have a 13 24MXZ and on a brand new lake. It has sandbar out in the middle of it. over the forth of july we were in 45' of water and the next minute we were in 3' for about a 50' stretch. We were thinking of a aftermarket GPS, but didn't want to have a bulky device on/under the dash. Ive heard the Maliview navigation is hard to use by some and some people love it. does anyone have any pictures of the navigation or can take one. I really wanted to see the graphics and option buttons. People who have it and use it, how do you like it. or if anyone has a aftermarket system lets see 'em and how you mounted them

thanks

The medallion gps cruise does have a maps application that can be uploaded into viper box... what speed control do you have on your boat? I have heard the maps app works very well with gps cruise.

If you have GPS there will be a GPS symbol on your speed control screen in maliview. You will also see the speedo work if ignition is on and your sitting in boat while trailer is moving.

I just converted my vlx from paddle wheel to GPS cruise....it holds the speed dead on, no more surging, locks it immediately. By far best upgrade I ever did on my boat, will never go back to a paddle wheel speed control. I did not order the maps, really have no use for this.

Yes, from what I was told you should be able to add maps if you have Malibu Cruise GPS, if you have Zero Off GPS it does not have the maps available. Its an SD card plug-in to upload the maps into the viper box and add them to the Maliview.

I just converted my vlx from paddle wheel to GPS cruise....it holds the speed dead on, no more surging, locks it immediately. By far best upgrade I ever did on my boat, will never go back to a paddle wheel speed control. I did not order the maps, really have no use for this.

What did you do to convert it, get the complete upgrade from your dealer or was it something aftermarket you bought? I've seen a box you can buy that basically just plugs into your speedo wire.