Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cleaning K&N air filter

Are they reusable? Can I treat it the same as an automotive one? I have the spray oil left but I am out of the cleaner...soak and light scrub with dish soap and clean water rinse ok? I haven't done it in 500 hrs so it looked like it needed a little TLC. 2007 VLX 340 Monsoon. Thanks.

Dave

Edited by SunDoo

Yes and yes. I just did mine. Sprayed with k&n cleaner, let sit for 15 mins, reverse wash under faucet, observe dirty/brown water, allowed to dry out overnight, applied k&n filter oil, wipe excess w/ paper towel, allow to dry.

Edit: 345 hrs

Edited by smithouse5

Yes and yes. I just did mine. Sprayed with k&n cleaner, let sit for 15 mins, reverse wash under faucet, observe dirty/brown water, allowed to dry out overnight, applied k&n filter oil, wipe excess w/ paper towel, allow to dry.

Edit: 345 hrs

Are you saying you've only done it once in 345 hours?

I bought the boat @ 300 hrs, it's now ar 345. don't know if the previous owners did anything. Pretty sure they didn't. I had the manifold off so did it for peace of mind since i had some k&n cleaner and oil sitting around. I was surprised to see how dirty the water was during reverse flush, made me glad i did it.