Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Remove Fuel Fill From 94 Malibu Echelon

The cap on my fuel fill to my 94 Malibu Echelon has been broken. I've looked for a new fill, and think I have found a decent replacement. However, I cannot seem to remove the fuel fill from the hose that connects it to the tank. It seems to be incredibly tight on the hose, but it doesn't seem to be glued. Any recommendations for removing the fill & replacing with a new one?

Thanks!

I used a dremel to cut mine off. Yep 20 years old.

Interestingly, there was an inner adapter sleeve to firm up the short connection (?). It would not have come off without cutting. I bought a ss replacment gas fill cap (transom hole size was slightly larger than OEM hole) to replace the plastic OEM one and used 2" marine hose to connect. I also replaced the plastic vent valve with a ss one from westmarine. Amazing these plastic parts lasted this long.

If yours is like mine, the entire tank hold down system is designed for being improved. HARD to put in and HARD to take out..I installed into the main deck 4 hand-made aluminum brackets (front and back and on each side) and used 2 mini tie-down straps. It is SOLID now, although strap tightness is a pre-underway check.