Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G25 - sheared off prop shaft!

SurfgateBob

i didn't realize that. Maybe that is why it is more, how should I word this.... quiet... over on TT.

You should go and look at some old Wakeworld Threads - MC dealers and boat owners do a very good job of making sure that all other boat lines are inferior to theirs....might be a reason why things are so quiet over on TT (no one wants to deal with that)

Themalibucrew is by far the nicest form out there to non boat owners.

Don't let them convert Bama - Keep you malibu "love all boats" mindset!!

It's definitely there on TT. One reason you see it more here is because there are more people with other brands here, once people are out of an MC they don't tend to hang out over there as much. I can only think of three or four guys off the top of my head that aren't in MCs and still post over there. Quite a few non-bu-ers over here.

The few people that I've seen act like you describe on here seem to be less willing to let it go. And the non bu owners here seem to be more willing to instigate. You bear pokers you. :Tease3: It all goes both ways.

That's why I don't post over there to much any more. Someone asked about selling their x2 and getting an Axis, ouch.

They are pretty much ALL fiberglass bathtubs running standard props, shafts, rudders, tracking fins, etc., with GM powerplants (mastercraft / ilmor being the exception on the powerplant).

Ilmor is GM motors as well. Their marketing wants you to think they are the exception...they aren't, at least in anything they put in a wake boat. Only motor not GM is their V10 motor. Yes, even their touted "custom" 7.4L is a GMPP LSX Bowtie Block.

Edited by Nitrousbird

They are pretty much ALL fiberglass bathtubs running standard props, shafts, rudders, tracking fins, etc., with GM powerplants (mastercraft / ilmor being the exception on the powerplant).

Ilmor is GM motors as well. Their marketing wants you to think they are the exception...they aren't, at least in anything they put in a wake boat. Only motor not GM is their V10 motor. Yes, even their touted "custom" 7.4L is a GMPP LSX Bowtie Block.

I thought ilmor "hand builds"... Not so?

I thought ilmor "hand builds"... Not so?

Lol maybe they mean hand built as in putting it in the boat.

On the Nautique trailer debate: My dealer told me yesterday that the G line does not ship with a trailer, it is up to the dealer to order one of their choosing. Not sure if that is the case for all of the CC lines, but according to him he has to order them himself when a customer orders a G23 or G25. I believe they use Ryan trailers.

To the proverbial (and somewhat calm at this point) brand pissing match: While I have only owned my BU for 2+ years I do know that whatever is popular for a specific area usually is King for that area. It helps to have a long time dealer in place that buyers trust and will return to for service after the sale. BU and Mastercraft make up a large portion of the boats I see around the Portland area, mostly because the Nautique dealer for years was not up to par and the Skiers Choice dealer was an hour South. AWS picked up both in the past few years and has made good gains in moving those brands along here in the NW. Everyone has bad days with the boat, but most can be fixed with a little forum knowledge or a trip to a good dealer service department. I would imagine that I would be very happy with anything that any of our local dealers sell.

• Like 2

That's why I don't post over there to much any more. Someone asked about selling their x2 and getting an Axis, ouch.

I tread lightly and am careful with pictures showing my boat. My profile only says "Not an MC". They've been pretty cordial and I've stayed mostly in Off Topic and to things that universally apply to inboards in general. I realize that I'm a guest there and act accordingly. My brother has a PS190 so I can add a bit of useful info here and there, at least I try to when I can.

I don't try and make too many waves around here either. But I'm sure it happens. :whistle:

Back to topic I wonder if the prop struck that trailer bunk that's messed up before the incident and started something. Interested to hear what Ryan finds out when he asks during his factory tour if this has happened to others running massive weight with big motors.

It does not take much to screw up a trailer bunk. Trailer to deep and driver comes in a lttle sideways and V of the hull can do that damage pretty easy.

6000lb / 8000lb boat .... does not take much to poke some carpet and dent a wet 2x6

It does not take much to screw up a trailer bunk. Trailer to deep and driver comes in a lttle sideways and V of the hull can do that damage pretty easy.

6000lb / 8000lb boat .... does not take much to poke some carpet and dent a wet 2x6

very true, that's kind of my point, HEAVY boat there. it's gonna do damage to the trailer and drivetrain at some point with all that weight.

i didn't realize that. Maybe that is why it is more, how should I word this.... quiet... over on TT.

Just go to the MC site and start a thread asking about, what was it called? 'cash rewards' was it. Then see how fast it gets taken down. HAHA.

To all the "other brand" folks that post here, please keep your comments flowing. I really enjoy to hear the perspective of those that have owned a BU and switched brands. It's usually educational and fun to read about the good and the bad. Like Shawn stated, the drivetrain on these boats are all the same, just screwed together in a different garage. Personally, the name on the side holds no "Goodwill" to me.

No issue with Friends G that has has plenty of additional weight and big motor.

A little sarcasm from my neighbor. So why does Malibu have the highest share?

Just go to the MC site and start a thread asking about, what was it called? 'cash rewards' was it. Then see how fast it gets taken down. HAHA.

Is that a dare? LOL

Yes. Do it lol

I'd challenge anyone to find a thread on teamtalk where a former mastercraft owner buys a bu, heck, any other brand, writes a novel about why it is superior to mastercraft's offering, and post a link. Furthermore, I dare anyone to find a posted video of an MXZ in action. I will change my signature to whatever the winner wants for a week...If bama finds just one, I will gladly give a big "Roll Tide!"

As to what tim said, this isn't about a review of another boat, everyone enjoys those. What I perceive gets "some" a little bothered is that people use this board as a Malibu bashing board and a billboard for their new boat. You just don't see that on the others....and you used to never see it here.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

It's definitely there on TT. One reason you see it more here is because there are more people with other brands here, once people are out of an MC they don't tend to hang out over there as much. I can only think of three or four guys off the top of my head that aren't in MCs and still post over there. Quite a few non-bu-ers over here.

The few people that I've seen act like you describe on here seem to be less willing to let it go. And the non bu owners here seem to be more willing to instigate. You bear pokers you. :Tease3: It all goes both ways.

But they dno't post on and on about what they dislike about mastercraft (on teamtalk, for example) or post videos of their boats or recruit people to "their" brand...that's the big difference. I'm not at all saying this forum is not made all the better by having people with different brands, doing reviews, etc. When jet ski and doggy got tehir boats everyone was interested in the new boats. But I don't recall either EVER slamming their bu or repeatedly posting about why they switched. But TMC has now evolved into a something where the posters who have other brands "appear" to have no governor on what is and whats not appropriate on a MALIBU board to some people. I'm in that category. As many others are.

Edited by 85 Barefoot
  • Like 3

I'd challenge anyone to find a thread on teamtalk where a former mastercraft owner buys a bu, heck, any other brand, writes a novel about why it is superior to mastercraft's offering, and post a link. Furthermore, I dare anyone to find a posted video of an MXZ in action. I will change my signature to whatever the winner wants for a week...If bama finds just one, I will gladly give a big "Roll Tide!"

As to what tim said, this isn't about a review of another boat, everyone enjoys those. What I perceive gets "some" a little bothered is that people use this board as a Malibu bashing board and a billboard for their new boat. You just don't see that on the others....and you used to never see it here.

I don't feel like that's how it is at all Ochocinco. Very helpful and useful forum. It's such a good forum that people with other brands participating. Edited by Afun

There is going to be a lot of light bulbs going off in your head as you check things out there over the next few days.

The sad part is clearly the tactic somewhat works as it had bama (not your google search first time buyer) fooled.

I don't feel like that's how it is at all Ochocinco. Very helpful and useful forum. It's such a good forum that you people with other brands participating.

We have a GREAT fourm, it is the BEST forum on the net in my opinion. I'm only saying that we have seen more posts adversarial to bu and "recruiting" in nature which just didn't used to be the case which has prompted some response by the "red sox fans".

Rule #1 of Teamtalk's TOU:

1. No Disparaging MC or its Partners. No Promoting Other Boat Brands. We have some registered users that own competition ski boats that are not MCs. Is there something wrong with them? Maybe. wink.gif But they are welcome to post here and we're welcome to pick on them (all in good fun). What's not okay is for them to post pictures of their boat on here or otherwise talk about how great it is, recommend other people buy it, or say that it's better than a MC. I'm not saying I agree with this policy. But that's the policy, and if you want to post here, you need to abide by it. Also, it's not as if you can't talk about other boats at all. But if you do, don't be surprised if you get an email from a mod about it. It's a very fine line to be walked. There are other nonbrand-specific sites out there where you can compare and contrast all you want. But I don't know of any site that has as much activity as this one does.

As for "no disparaging MC," if you're disappointed about something, you can talk about it. Just don't go on the attack. They're not paying for this site so that people can bad mouth them. It's frustrating to have boat issues. The same goes for MC's partners and suppliers. But the people on this site can help. As set forth above, offending posts may be edited or deleted with or without notice.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

Alright I'm going to start a thread on TT and see how long it takes. Mchater1234 is my username lol

On second thought - I get the moderators would not even let you get access with that screen name.