Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G25 - sheared off prop shaft!

SurfgateBob

Welcome sam to our little mini meltdown. Been building for a while and it'll be over soon I'm sure.

Good luck on your search and feel free to ask away on anything you can think of. But maybe in a different thread. :lol:

Now a mastercraft owner I will say this forum is definitely better than teamtalk In a lot of ways. Both the number of posts and the quality as well. There are a couple very good posts and posters there but most are superficial posts. Like.. What is the best surf wake.

• Like 2

I'll bring a different perspective to this. I own an I/O and will be trading for an inboard crossover boat. Probably at the January boat show. I use these forums to research different brands and even dealers. For example, a local dealer has been mentioned by name on different brand forums as being an excellent dealer. That means I will certainly check them out when I'm ready. I like reading reviews that tell why the user switched without bashing the former brand. It helps me understand what possible problems or features that users liked or hated. I also understand that these are personal opinions but if they trend one way or another it's hard to ignore.

Malibu has territory boundaries. You must purchase a new boat from the dealer in your area. If you are buying used its a different story. I will still check with your local dealer for used boats. It will help you establish a relationship with them. Welcome to the Crew.

I believe that is not a superficial post...

Edited by Afun

And here is the big disconnect. That is one experience with YOUR ONE Malibu. But you have projected that as being a constant shortcoming across the entire Malibu line, as if all the Malibu boats were that way. Within the last week you talked about how terrible the G3 tower DESIGN was because YOUR ONE TOWER had some movement, and said the CC tower DESIGN was far superior. This is out of touch with reality, because there are literally hundreds of G3 towers out there that are 100% rock solid. And there are dozens of posts of people having problems with both MC and CC towers in the past 2-3 years, requiring special brackets to stop the problems. I haven't found another easily foldable tower yet as solid as my G3, and I have checked out MC and CC extensively. A simple adjustment by a competent dealer would have fixed your G3 problem in a matter of minutes. You had a dealer issue, not a design flaw issue.

Those sorts of posts are what I see people here having a problem with, because they are just not accurate at all. By all means share your experiences. But when you use an isolated experience to disparage an entire brand, and then promote another brand while ignoring their problems, don't be surprised when somebody waves the BS flag. My 2012 has been fantastic. No nuts falling out of the dash, tower is rock solid, not a single glitch with MTC/Maliview ever, everything just works without any problems. My dealer has been fantastic and has gone above and beyond to make sure I am 100% happy. I certainly don't blame you for going to CC. I probably would have too in your shoes. But seeing as how Malibu continues to be the industry leader year after year, I would wager most Malibu owners have experiences closer to mine rather than closer to yours.

On my second malibu, my first 2011 vlx had 253 hours when I sold it, my 2013 now has 115 hours. Both of these boats have been great, I would recommend a Malibu to anyone. I do believe they are well designed boats, not perfect, but definitely top of the line.

Welcome sam to our little mini meltdown. Been building for a while and it'll be over soon I'm sure.

Good luck on your search and feel free to ask away on anything you can think of. But maybe in a different thread. :lol:

Our mini meltdown.... Lmao, that's funny! It will pass and all will calm down again.

Indy, I agree....

Ryan,

Here is the thread:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44979-2014-nautique-210-and-230/

And here is the post I am referring to, everybody can read it for themselves.

The tower design is different, but I can tell you it is a more solid tower than a G3, and truly a 1 man/ 1 finger operation to raise and lower, without acrobatics, even loaded with a speakers and such. Folds down with bimini into the bow for trailering. Zero rattle and nearly no movement... go to the front of a G3 and push up and pull down...1-2" of movement, hit a roller and thats where a lot of your bimini rattle comes from. while underway I used to be able to hear the power and speaker wires rattling inside the G3. I think the G3 def does have an edge in form, I love the chrome/SS look... and it certainly is a solid tower... but the FC tower has the edge in function. I do fight water spots on my painted FC tower. The biminis arent even in the same ball park, the standard FC bimini is light years ahead. I do think Malibu OEM combo racks are better design and quality.

Its pretty clear you are taking a single bad experience with YOUR G3 and are using that to make statements about all G3s across the Malibu brand being an inferior design, while ignoring all the tower problems CC has had in recent years. Thats why after your statements there no less then 5 people who have actual experience with a properly functioning G3 felt the need to correct your comments. I think you are a good guy so Im not trying to pick a fight, but I think you are not seeing what several here have been trying to explain.

Im lucky to ride behind MC, CC, and Malibu boats all season long here. We have about a dozen world class wake boats here in our little club to choose from. I have hours of experience riding on and behind all of the big 3 brands.

The most unreliable boat in our group last year was a 2012 CC. I won't list all the problems, but they pretty much mirror all of your past Malibu problems. The difference is I understand not all CCs will be like that. Im not over on Planet Nautique posting about how superior Malibus designs are to all CC boats by pointing out the constant problems with that one boat. Funny enough, the CC he had before that one had sheared the prop shaft just like the G25 picture that started this thread.

Edited by Brett B

No one wants to answer my question. Why does Malibu have he highest share? Why did I as a newb go straight to Malibu when buying a boat?

Bang for the buck. Bottom line.

They look great and are priced really well compared to nautique and MC and have some killer ease of use features.

Ok let me jump in...

Bama - I really wish you would put your first post back up. I think that was an excellent post that adds value and credibility to our forum. It was clear, unbiased and honest. I love the fact that our community gladly welcomes posts like yours (albeit with a little ribbing for making the move).

Ryan - I think you are an incredibly smart boater with a wealth of knowledge that can help members in any forum you choose to post in. I truly hope you don't get angry and feel like everyone is ganging up on you. With that being said, You have a common theme in your posts. When I read your posts I always hear the same two statements. "You need a 2315." and "You should buy a G, screw Malibu." Everything you have ever stated that was technical in nature has been on the money. Your G review was great.

I think one of the reasons you may feel people are targetting you is because in a majority of threads we all read at least one statement from you that states "go CC" or "go 2315".

Yet have no response to the question: Why does the 16 person, rider specific, most expensive wake boat known to man, have the capacity for only FOUR boards? This isn't one boat I'm referring to bud, it's the entire line..... Designed that way....With a glaring issue.....

Here's my answer, it doesnt affect me the slightest, there are no boards on my deck or seats, and obviously doesnt bother others enough to pass up a high quality boat. You can add Samsom, Sklyon or whatever aftermarket spinner racks on there you want. There is room for them. FYI, on a serious note, we submitted Q&A's to CEO of CC, that one has been submitted, if he answers I will be sure to share it. Dont get mad when I do.

I currently have 2 big kneeboards, a HL Swell, an IS Ooze, a Triple X 5'0" a tube, box anchor, and all that other regular garbage all in compartments. and I could easily carry another 4-6 boards and still have NOTHING on the deck or on seats to include bags, coolers, boards or sacs. Seriously. The compartments in the G are that big. the observer's compartment is 2-3x larger than a 247. The rear compartments are 1.5x+ bigger. Now, on a much smaller 210 would that be an issue? sure, perhaps. If you brought 7 guys to ride, 2 would put their boards in the bow like we have always done. Im not on here to sell Nautiques, 210s or G's. Im not overly concerned with what you hate about the CC line.

Obviously board rack storage for 8 boards is a top priority for you. I average 70-90hrs a year, hasnt been a problem for me. Post up a survey on here if you are froggy and see how many folks have 4 board racks. I'd estimate 10-20% range.

Edited by nyryan2001

Ryan - I think you are an incredibly smart boater with a wealth of knowledge that can help members in any forum you choose to post in. I truly hope you don't get angry and feel like everyone is ganging up on you.

I do agree with this as well, and probably should have said more about this in my previous posts. I really do appreciate all of the G23 info Ryan has shared here, and I hope to see more of it in the future. It's a great boat and I enjoy learning more about it first-hand from an actual owner.

Edited by Brett B

"You need a 2315." and "You should buy a G, screw Malibu." Everything you have ever stated that was technical in nature has been on the money. Your G review was great.

I think one of the reasons you may feel people are targetting you is because in a majority of threads we all read at least one statement from you that states "go CC" or "go 2315".

you are accurate on the 2315 part and I now have the data to prove it... I will share it here shortly, a prop slip calculator, that will show exactly how inefficient it is NOT to be running the 2315 if you carry heavy loads and dont need 37mph+. The only reason I was so vocal about it is for the last 5-7yrs all this BS on the web about the 1235 being the best prop for heavy loads....not even close.. for most folks. No interpretation, raw data supports that.

OK same with you brother, or you will be called for this BS post as well. Find me 1 post where I said go buy a G or go CC.

"You need a 2315." and "You should buy a G, screw Malibu." Everything you have ever stated that was technical in nature has been on the money. Your G review was great.

you are accurate on the 2315 part and I now have the data to prove it... I will share it here shortly, a prop slip calculator, that will show exactly how inefficient it is NOT to be running the 2315 if you carry heavy loads and dont need 37mph+. The only reason I was so vocal about it is for the last 5-7yrs all this BS on the web about the 1235 being the best prop for heavy loads....not even close.. for most folks. No interpretation, raw data supports that.

OK same with you brother, or you will be called for this BS post as well. Find me 1 post where I said go buy a G or go CC.

Ryan aren't you the guy who didn't prop down his247 because he didn't want to lose the top end?

Didn't the2315 only come out last year?

Is the 1235 not significantly better than the 537?

Is a prop with the grunt to get a slammed g23 out of the hole automatically the best fit for an early 2000s vlx running a little extra weight?

(I have and like a 2315 for my particular boat altitude and uses, but your one size fits all approach undermines your credibility IMHO).

I think you missed my point. If everytime you wanted to go to lunch I said something great about Taco Bell and crapped on your suggestion, what conclusion would you come to? I am willing to be you would come to the conclusion I loved me some Taco Bell and everything else is basically crap. If I did this over and over and over - how long till you get tired of me suggesting Taco Bell?

I think you missed my point. If everytime you wanted to go to lunch I said something great about Taco Bell and crapped on your suggestion, what conclusion would you come to? I am willing to be you would come to the conclusion I loved me some Taco Bell and everything else is basically crap. If I did this over and over and over - how long till you get tired of me suggesting Taco Bell?

Well that settles it....I know what I'm getting for lunch today!!! A G23!

BS x2. EVERY(at least 95%+ I think) boat reccomendation ive made to folks on here has been a MALIBU!!! just did it again early yesterday for a guy in the 40k range. I think I reccomended 1 CC 230, among 5-6 other malibus to a guy in the 50k range a few weeks back. This is a Malibu site, hence all the Malibu reccomendations.

Ryan aren't you the guy who didn't prop down his247 because he didn't want to lose the top end?

Didn't the2315 only come out last year?

Is the 1235 not significantly better than the 537?

Is a prop with the grunt to get a slammed g23 out of the hole automatically the best fit for an early 2000s vlx running a little extra weight?

(I have and like a 2315 for my particular boat altitude and uses, but your one size fits all approach undermines your credibility IMHO).

OK, yes 2315 is a newer prop. but the other 12pitch 14" and 14.5" props have ALWAYS been avail, and would have better suited for their heavy applications than the 1235. Check yourself. Lots of folks have no idea what they are talking about on props, untill I went thru them, trial and error, I didnt know either.

1235 is the like perfect prop for someone who wants to carry the heaviest weight possible and still achieve 40-42mph. If you wakesurf heavy, 22mph heavy, folks getting stuck in 23LSVs with 350s.... how many threads over the last 2 years along these lines?

NOW we see whats possible with the lower pitch 2315s and the others. Just like the 350 VLX vid this AM with 4000lbs???

And no, I didnt prop down my 247 because the $600 for the new prop never quite hit the threshold of priority... I was able to still throw a massive wave on the 1939. I can garauntee you now if I had a 247 with what I know now, it'd certainly have a 2315.

And your statement underlined above undermines YOUR credibility as a BS statement. What Ive always said is if you want the most torque, go 2315, if 37+ doesnt matter, but again nice shot Shawn.

Edited by nyryan2001

BS x2. EVERY(at least 95%+ I think) boat reccomendation ive made to folks on here has been a MALIBU!!! just did it again early yesterday for a guy in the 40k range. I think I reccomended 1 CC 230, among 5-6 other malibus to a guy in the 50k range a few weeks back. This is a Malibu site, hence all the Malibu reccomendations.

Again. I think you are missing my point. Let me try again. Communication is a two way street. What you say and what others receive are not always the same. I believe you feel you have spoken nothing but unbiased words on this forum. I, personally, don't receive a lot of you input that way. I think others are in the same boat. I receive a lot of you posts as a sell to move to what you have decided is a far better product, everyone should be running what you have chosen for them. Whether that is your intent or not, that is what I take away.

I really don't want you to be angry and try to "prove" me wrong. My reason for chiming in was to help out. I am not trying to attack you. I am trying to give you the other side of the argrument.

Side note - I do love Taco Bell.

I'm thankful for Ryan's relentless preaching on the 2315, it helped me make the switch myself and I am so happy I did.

As for why he spends so much time here, its probably because its so much nicer. Have you seen Planet Nautique?

• Like 2