Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I Bought a VLX

HPetit

Any suggestions for names, my wife hates "Hulk"

Uh oh. Here we go. I think you shouldn't rush the name. It will come when the time is right.

Nice find. She is going to be gorgeous once you shine her up. Can't wait to see the before and after pics.

Agree with Zealot - she doesn't need a name to make you happy - something will happen that will name her for you! If only you could do kids like that, I'd have some pretty interesting offspring!

Thank you Gentlemen, I appreciate the suggestions regarding holding off on the naming rights. I figured it would be the only "upgrade" that won't cost money. speaking of which, I have a couple piranhas needing replacement, do I buy the piranha cartridges or buy tsunamis? I have had the boat 2 days and things are starting to get out of hand. I bought a new wakesurf board and rope, during my lunch break today.

Edited by HPetit

Needs some love is an understatement! Was it a camp boat? That said, even if you pour $10k into it getting it to where you want, it's STILL a great deal. Nice find!

Heck of a boat, and at a sweet price. If the guts are good, the cosmetic stuff can be taken care of in time.

I'd just buy the phirana motor replacement cartridges not the whole assembly. But it couldn't hurt to have the whole assembly just in case. I always carry a spare pump with me.

Just an FYI--if you want a good surf wake on that thing, get a 750 fly high sack for the rear locker, fill rear hard tank on surf side, 370 fly high sack on the surf side under rear passenger seats, Fill Center tank half way, front tank all the way, wedge down all the way, and a couple buddies on surf side, between 10-11 MPH, and you are off and running.

Congrats on the boat.

I have a 2002. When I tried to twist off the ballast hoses from two of my pumps, the plastic outlet barb snapped off both pumps. The plastic was old a brittle and ready to break. So, I assume the rest of the pump was going bad too. Sure dont want the thru-hull fitting on the pump to crack from age. Not sure if a 2006 would have the same issue, but from now on if I work on a pump, I just plan on replacing it and upgrading to the Pirhana 800 (or 1100 for the bigger sacs).

Also, a new 800 pump is $50, while a replacement cartridge for it is $38. So, any cartridge you find for the original pump wont save much money over the price of a new pump.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=993

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1613

Glad I finally got to see pics of your new baby. Speaking of which, your lovely bride may now have the upperhand on you in the little ones dept. Great find. Can't wait to ride it next week. Looks like you need to go sell something this week ;-)

Good looking boat. Needs some TLC but you bought it well enough to take care of that. And welcome!

Some pics before the ad is taken down:

post-12034-0-37073200-1375148776_thumb.j

post-12034-0-81483400-1375148793_thumb.j

I agree that it's hard to understand why people treat their boats this way but I'm glad some do so there's deals to be had.

I have no clue what the previous owners were thinking, they had a mint condition cover sitting in the boat. My guess is if they had covered the boat, I wouldn't be able to afford to purchase it.

I will hopefully hear back today on setting up my boat house with a lift. Any suggestions on lifts, my old dock will need some structural reinforcement as green goblin is a fat girl.

Thank you Gentlemen, I appreciate the suggestions regarding holding off on the naming rights. I figured it would be the only "upgrade" that won't cost money. speaking of which, I have a couple piranhas needing replacement, do I buy the piranha cartridges or buy tsunamis? I have had the boat 2 days and things are starting to get out of hand. I bought a new wakesurf board and rope, during my lunch break today.

nice find, the tsunami's will directly replace the piranhas (same thread and all) if that is easier.