Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dehumidifier for boat - good or bad idea?

I have been using a Dehumidifier for years...any good household Dehumidifier has controls on it that lets you dial in the degree of humidity that it takes the surrounding air down to...wood should not be pulled down below 35%....so just set your base lower limit to 35-40% and you will dry out your boat and not do any damage...AND YES I Know that our modern boats do not have any wood in them....but some folks reading this just may have an older boat with wood components

Make sure you put your cover on the boat when you are trying to dry it out with a DEHUMIDIFIER plugged in.....no sense in trying to dry out the rest of the world while you dry out your boat...

I just bought a household dehumidifier and will start it today... Ill let cha all know how I make out!

is your boat currently wet? :whistle:

Haha only cause I didn't put the cover on till after the thunder showers all night long!!!!

i have used a dehumidifier in mine I put it in run the drain hose out the ski locker drain hole and put the cover on. It dries the boat out well leave all the seats open and it will be good

• 2 months later...

i have a couple of these left... and tried to sell them when they 1st came out....they used to be very much more expensive, and the company went missing for a while after taking my money and not delivering the good that needed to be retrofitted to Tige inboards, so they still owe me money from back in the early 2000's, glad to see they have resurfaced perhaps I can now collect about a grand,

that said, they do actually work....

I can't imagine much air coming out of the transom drain hole but with my boat slopped downwards and the rear facing south I doubt I would need much air flow. Like the idea it's solar too.