Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Domed Numbers

Moufoo

Hey, I recently ordered a set of Domed Numbers from the domednumbers website, and I was wondering how long it usually takes for the numbers to arrive. Spring break is 3 days away, and I need those numbers fast. Also we havnt received any notification that they have received our order, is this normal? I sort of expected an email or somthing to confirm an order.

Eric (domednumbers.com) is located in AZ. You're probably looking at 3-4 days on UPS to get to you in SC. I'm thinking that you are not going to get them before spring break. With all the different color combo's I gotta believe that the numbers are made once they are ordered and not just pulled off of a shelf. Go buy some cheapies at the hardware store for use until your nice #'s show up.

They are kinda of lax about followup. They charged my credit card twice. All it took was a phone call and they straigtened it out right away. You should get them in a couple of days. You will be very happy, once they are on your boat. I love mine

Ya, you gotta dog him. I'd call him direct if I were you. IIRC domednumbers isn't his full time job, so it's second priority. Call him and pin him down. I think his name's Eric.

Definitely worth the wait & the price for that matter.I called around Indy to a bunch of sign shops to see if anyone around here did stuff like that.A shop that does letters for Indy cars said that hardly any shop will do those kind of letters because it is so expensive to do plus there is a very high failure rate making the letters.

I agree, his work is top notch, and you can not beat the price.

But, you may wait for the high quality :) I went through the exact thing Moufoo. I jimmyrigged two pieces of cardboard with handwritten letters for a weekend. The rangers looked and didn't even say a word.

Do what the guys at Wake World did, they used masking tape for temporary numbers. Doesn't look great but would work in a pinch and would be fairly easy to take off.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=651

I can't think of a pinch where you would need to use masking tape

for CF numbers on a brand new boat.

Why not have the dealer put the crappy ones on before it leaves the lot?

Isn't that a CA state law that the CF numbers have to be on before it hits the streets?

alright, SC seems pretty leanient as far as hull numbers go, we've taken it out without the hull numbers many times already. I don't want to put sucky hull numbers on while I wait, because I could see having that sticky residue (you know, the kind that is left behind by the idiot placed sticker on new sunglasses) all over the hull. Are plain numbers easy to get off?

alright, SC seems pretty leanient as far as hull numbers go, we've taken it out without the hull numbers many times already. I don't want to put sucky hull numbers on while I wait, because I could see having that sticky residue (you know, the kind that is left behind by the idiot placed sticker on new sunglasses) all over the hull. Are plain numbers easy to get off?

Yes.. Use a heat gun, and they will peel right off. You won't have them on long anyway... Biggrin.gif

Do what the guys at Wake World did, they used masking tape for temporary numbers. Doesn't look great but would work in a pinch and would be fairly easy to take off.

Isn't that a CA state law that the CF numbers have to be on before it hits the streets?

Hea I agree with you but I was just giving options that might not of been thought of. Tongue.gif

Hea I agree with you but I was just giving options that might not of been thought of. Tongue.gif

Leave it to guys who probably had the boat given to them to use an option that we

wouldn't think of! Tongue.gif

The Wakeworld boat was still being used in the making of the Malibu DVD when that pic was taken. I don't think they wanted any reg numbers on it for that reason.

Here in Michigan we don't get our registration until after you pay for the boat (usually takes about 2 weeks after you pick it up) at least that's how my dealer has always handled it!

Here in Michigan we don't get our registration until after you pay for the boat (usually takes about 2 weeks after you pick it up) at least that's how my dealer has always handled it!

Ron should have your numbers for you when you pick the boat up, at least that how it worked last year.

The Wakeworld boat was still being used in the making of the Malibu DVD when that pic was taken. I don't think they wanted any reg numbers on it for that reason.

Now that makes sense...

Well a week and a half after ordering our domed numbers, we get an e-mail stating that they don't accept the particular credit card company we used... Mad.gif

Well a week and a half after ordering our domed numbers, we get an e-mail stating that they don't accept the particular credit card company we used... Mad.gif

If its AMEX, I don't take it either. They should have told you when you placed the order. They look so good its worth the wait.