Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski pylon 08 vride

lxirod

how do you pop-up pylon in the rear for skiing . the pylon is countersunk and cannot use it Like that. Any trick to get the pop up

Open the engine hatch, there will be a bolt or some sort of holder coming out of the pylon. Pull up on the pylon then put the bolt in the notch to hold it in the up position.

It may be really really stuck. When we bought our boat, the PO didn't take care of it. We had to use tons of WD40 and other lubricant to get it to budge. We ended up putting two ropes on the top of it and alternated pulling sides to essentially wiggle it out.

The bushing around the pylon swells up and the pylon gets stuck down. Common problem.

I fixed mine by pulling it out with help from a friend (takes time and some sore muscles) and then honed out the plastic bushing with a $8 drum sander from harbor freight. Took all of 90 seconds to shave off enough for the pylon to slide smoothly in it. Put down a drop cloth though, plastic bits go evvvverywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD