Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Medallion gauges

Midsouthjds88

Hey guys bought my first Malibu a couple weeks ago. Just joined the sight and its already been a big help! Anyway I thought posting this might help a couple people, when I got my boat the fuel and volt gauge didn't work inside my multi gauge so I pulled up the medallion trouble shooter and everything checked fine as far as the mmdc goes so I knew it was in the gauge. Called Bakes..gauges are 2-4 weeks out so I tore mine into pieces, there are 4 stepper motors that run the seperate gauges (if anyone has an 03-07 classic GM truck these are the exact same stepper motors that are horrible about going out in the clusters) so after about $40 in stepper motors a couple cold beers and a little soldering the gauge is back in the boat as of tonight and working just like a new one! Sure beats $225

Hey guys bought my first Malibu a couple weeks ago. Just joined the sight and its already been a big help! Anyway I thought posting this might help a couple people, when I got my boat the fuel and volt gauge didn't work inside my multi gauge so I pulled up the medallion trouble shooter and everything checked fine as far as the mmdc goes so I knew it was in the gauge. Called Bakes..gauges are 2-4 weeks out so I tore mine into pieces, there are 4 stepper motors that run the seperate gauges (if anyone has an 03-07 classic GM truck these are the exact same stepper motors that are horrible about going out in the clusters) so after about $40 in stepper motors a couple cold beers and a little soldering the gauge is back in the boat as of tonight and working just like a new one! Sure beats $225

It's good to be mechanically inclined! Nice job!

Rob, rpm gauge should be the same not sure on the PP. Tvano, that's what happened to mine, somehow the actual housing of my gauge was cracked and allowed moisture to sit in it, looks like mine sat in water for decades I used Emory cloth to clean the contacts and a toothbrush and some computer duster to blow the board off