Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Idiots

Rmattajr

Just WOW is all I can say. Darwin comes to mind. Having, in my younger days, on two separate occasions, witnessed the damage a propeller inflicts on human flesh when the two meet, this video makes me queasy.

Like a slow motion train wreck. Driver should have throttled back after doing the geometry. Rider should have gone down after doing the geometry. Instead they just rode it out. Plenty of time for geometry when you are in a hospital perusing your artificial limb options.

I don't think bugsplatterboy had enough time to get to the prop. He just kind of bounced off the side, hard and far. Yes, stupid on all accounts.

and they didn't even think to themselves about what could've happened instead they called it a "fail" and posted it to the internet for humor! not even any of the youtube commenters seem to think about the danger...it's just funny. This is pathetic.

Like a slow motion train wreck. Driver should have throttled back after doing the geometry. Rider should have gone down after doing the geometry. Instead they just rode it out. Plenty of time for geometry when you are in a hospital perusing your artificial limb options.

Is this proof that math can save your life? I'm sure that these guys weren't paying attention that day. I remember when when I was younger (thank god there wasn't youtube back then) when we'd ski around the boat, etc. I've even seen skier's being "picked up" on the bow (generally jumpers wanting to talk to the driver). Amazing that any of us survived!

Okay the idea of high-fiving the driver is definitely a stupid one and very dangerous. But don't put that in the same category as picking up people on the bow or around-the-world show ski stunts. Also in our ski club we always hook the skier left and than swing right to end up skier and driver right beside each other. The difference is we are stopping at the same spot not trying to coordinate while in motion. We also leave some gap between the skier and boat. IMO aside from the ea of high fiving, their biggest mistake was doing it on a skim board. I've come in hot to a boat, dock, shore many times but being on a ski or wakeboard at least you have some traction to turn or stop. This guy was destined to go wherever the skim board was taking him.

Also I'm sure (really just hoping for humanity), that the guy was not hurt, they realized how stupid it was but accepted the fact that they did have a good video and posted it, and frankly I enjoyed watching it.

Is this proof that math can save your life? I'm sure that these guys weren't paying attention that day. I remember when when I was younger (thank god there wasn't youtube back then) when we'd ski around the boat, etc. I've even seen skier's being "picked up" on the bow (generally jumpers wanting to talk to the driver). Amazing that any of us survived!

How the heck your skier is getting that close to the bow is beyond me. We do ATB all the time & consistently stay 80' away from the boat all the way around.

How the heck your skier is getting that close to the bow is beyond me. We do ATB all the time & consistently stay 80' away from the boat all the way around.

Because it's on purpose, boat turns in and cuts the power and they drift together.

Because it's on purpose, boat turns in and cuts the power and they drift together.

Then your not doing the trick right.

Again, we do it all the time. Rider cuts out, boat turns in towards him, rider makes a second cut out to maintain a tight line, then turns back toward the boat AFTER the boat has completed the turn. If everything is done right, and safely, then the boat & rider are never closer than the length of the rope.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Then your not doing the trick right.

Again, we do it all the time. Rider cuts out, boat turns in towards him, rider makes a second cut out to maintain a tight line, then turns back toward the boat AFTER the boat has completed the turn. If everything is done right, and safely, then the boat & rider are never closer than the length of the rope.

No No I get it. I'm saying many people aren't trying to go around the boat there just tying to get to it. I do this with skiers all the time and we end up right beside each other (within 6 ft) and that way we can talk and give tips (or make fun). That way we don't have to turn the boat around to get the rider. We are purposely stopping and taking a break in the set. Not trying to continue. I am only guessing when they are "picking up a rider in the bow" they are somewhat trying to do the same thing.

I have considered trying ATB many times and one day will but I need to take the light off the illusion tower.

This line is separate from the ATB line.

Wonder if hes ok?

If you look closely at the end of the video you can see him in the prop wash behind the boat. He gets there pretty fast and since the bow was turning into him and thus the prop was moving away it seems most likely that he did not get propped. However, he still couldn't been knocked out, drowned. Unreal. Somebody should put this on darwinawards.com.

If that driver panicked and made a hard turn left just before he smacked the boat, I can see him getting under the boat....

If he ad cut the throttle for potential impact would it have stopped or will it free-wheel at water speeds?

I guess if he got it to neutral quick enough, it the prop would have been windmilling....or watermilling. Doesn't matter, would have been a lot sharper and done more damage than the side of the boat he smacked into. Not to mention the fins and rudder under there.

At least he was wearing a lfe jacket.