Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 24 MXZ

wakesetter8796

Only visible changes are 1) SS appliqué on the surf gates, 2) windshield frame, 3) graphics, 4) extra drain port on starboard side.

Malibu should go to reversible pumps so they don't have to keep adding holes to the side of the boat.

I remember that comment about surf gate 1.5 being revised mid-cycle and how awesome the upgrade was going to be. The appliqué and faster actuation time are minor improvements. In fact all the improvements I've seen or heard about so far for 2014 seem relatively minor. I like the idea of a mid-ship bilge pump and the minor upgrades to surf gate sound fine, but all-in-all, nothing so far to make me want a 2014 over a 2013.

I didn't like the holes in the frameless windshield at first (water splashes through them), but have come to find those holes to be very useful for tying an extra fender when docking. As I have said in other threads, I love chrome, so I prefer the look of the existing windshield. The new one will block water spray better and will probably be easier to keep looking clean.

Malibu should go to reversible pumps so they don't have to keep adding holes to the side of the boat.

They didn't. They added a hole for another bilge pump. In either case, I actually don't know that's feasible with current PNP design. Thirdly, why? I'd prefer aerator to impeller-type which will require maintenance and more prone to failure.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

They didn't. They added a hole for another bilge pump. In either case, I actually don't know that's feasible with current PNP design. Thirdly, why? I'd prefer aerator to impeller-type which will require maintenance and more prone to failure.

Ditto on the aerators. I've had no trouble, require no maintenance and I fill like knowing when water is coming out so I know when tanks are full/empty. Now, they can always be faster.

Also at least malibu lines all there through hulls up and puts them together unlike some companies.

The 2014 surfgate also have an alert system now that beeps at the back of the boat letting the rider know that surfgate is changing sides.

Oh hell yeah! Thats totally worth it then! :clap:

Ditto on the aerators. I've had no trouble, require no maintenance and I fill like knowing when water is coming out so I know when tanks are full/empty. Now, they can always be faster.

Also at least malibu lines all there through hulls up and puts them together unlike some companies.

Friend of mine has issues with trying to empty at times with the reversible pumps. I actually see this as one of the major issues with MCs ballast system. I'd prefer the KISS principal. with one in and one out. The MC dealer sells it as a better pump, but I find it to be the exact opposite.

Edited by CJAY
  • Like 1

would the 24 MXZ have a better ride in choppy waters than my LSV 23?

depends what year MXZ you are referring to. If you buy a 2014, it has a choppy water switch.

• Like 2