Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1235 kicks the VLX up to another level.

kayakwv

Stoked on the ACME 1235 tonight. First run since the install; coming from an OJ 14/18, the power feels like a different boat. Bada$$!

Zatizall.

LOL just had our first ride with the 1235 tonight. Same impression. Boat pulls effortlessly out of the hole now and planes faster. Cleaned up the surf wave too, which was my primary goal. Pretty stoked! Thanks Bakes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FWIW I have a 1235 on a VLX and we tried water skiing at 34 MPH last night at reved about 5200-5400 RPM... a little high for my liking but the 'ol girl needed it :)

...so not a great prop if you want to surf in the morning and ski in the afternoon. One or the other.

Deff not a prop for top end! I get about 30-32mph at 4000-4200 RPM. But all we do is board & surf, drink beer in the cove when we have a sober driver.

The prop makes a huge difference in getting the boat plane out when sacked out & the wedge down, actually its the only way mine would plane out with all that.

Even better if you're in the market for one is the price is falling now that the 2315 is the current rage.

Edited by racer808

I replaced my stock prop after doing 8k in damage on a rock with the 1235.What a difference.Fully sacked out no trouble at all getting the person surfing out of the water.I lost like 3 mph on top but it isnt a speed boat.

No it isn't a speed boat and if it meets people's needs then that's great. But I think instead of every single person acting like this prop is the end all prop that the negatives are brought to light. I have a 15 min boat ride to our spot and I'm currently runnig 35 mph at 3200-3400 rpms. Change those rpms up to 4000+ and gas consumption goes up considerably. I'm not calling anyone out particular but I've seen comments that act like the gas between 4200 and 3200 rpms is neglible when in reality its huge. I'm personally shopping for a prop that's in between stock and the 1235 for my application. I'm hoping the 1939 is a good compromise.

No it isn't a speed boat and if it meets people's needs then that's great. But I think instead of every single person acting like this prop is the end all prop that the negatives are brought to light. I have a 15 min boat ride to our spot and I'm currently runnig 35 mph at 3200-3400 rpms. Change those rpms up to 4000+ and gas consumption goes up considerably. I'm not calling anyone out particular but I've seen comments that act like the gas between 4200 and 3200 rpms is neglible when in reality its huge. I'm personally shopping for a prop that's in between stock and the 1235 for my application. I'm hoping the 1939 is a good compromise.

It should be, i am running that now and am happy with the upgrade from the 537. It's not super evident at low ends, but there is definitely a difference in the low end for all sports with all weights. I also managed to not lose any top end from my 537 (although I think the 537 had just seen better days).

FTR you may have the 537 or even higher propped 381 as standard?

My current prop is from previous owner and couldn't be more wrong. Kinda scary actually wondering the story behind the prop change. It's a 3 blade Federal Equi-poise 14" LH 18 pitch on a 97 sunsetter vlx.

Im not saying its the end all be all of props.I have about a 10 sec idle to my spot to surf.So i dont need to run long ways to do stuff.Im sure the gas mileage is different on long runs but i can be at the end of my lake in about 5 min so gas mileage isnt a big thing for all. My friend has a bumper sticker on his v10 ford that says" there is more to life then gas milage".

Like I said previously it meets alot of people's needs and if it does that's great. But there are also alot of us on much bigger lakes. It takes almost 10 mins to get out of the no skiing cove where we vacation to the main lake. Everyone's situation isn't the same. There is more to life than gas mileage (as anyone who bought a v10 instead of the diesel would probably argue), but that doesn't mean I should just throw $ away doubling my gas consumption from 3000 to 4000 rpm. As rpm climb its an exponential curve with your speed increase per rpm increase declining and gph per rpm increasing. Big difference in jump from 2k-3k rpm vs the jump from 3k-4k.

My current prop is from previous owner and couldn't be more wrong. Kinda scary actually wondering the story behind the prop change. It's a 3 blade Federal Equi-poise 14" LH 18 pitch on a 97 sunsetter vlx.

Wow you may be happy with the 537 let alone the 1939. I clearly don't know your prop but I've found 4 blades tend to rip your arms out compared to most 3-blades. Top speed with the LCR in my VTX on the 1939 is 42.5 ftr.

If you like the 1235, you will love the 2315, its a beast. I still can cruise at 30mph at 4000 rpms. Plenty fast for me, I came from the 1235 and now it is my spare, 2315 is what we always use now.

Have not actually tracked fuel since I put on the 2315, but I think I am actually burning less fuel. I definitely can tell its no more than with the 1235. The boat plains out so much easier without wot for as long, and the motor is not working as hard while surfing and wakeboarding requiring less throttle.

Edited by Fman

I only lost about 2 mph and gained 200rpm. Boat goes 41mph now at 5300rpm. None of that really matters to me considering I am 60/40 surfing/wakeboarding. I can get a rider out of the hole with 800 in the rear lockers. 500 mid, 500 front and a 600 triangle sack up front, wedge 3/4 down.

the 1235 gives the boat what it needs. those props should be stock when you buy them!

I think you mean the high altitude 2315 kicks the VLX up another notch. I have not hit full throttle by a long shot and I was cruising at 40. It also get you out of he whole.

I can try to measure how much between the hull of a 06 VLX with a 1273 prop tonight, should be identical to a 1235.

At 3500ft I think all in with the hammerhead I am ~39mph give or take 1-2mph on either side with the 1273.

Edited by black06VLX

There are a LOT of things in this thread that seem "off" to me. Everyone should check their speed with a GPS and calibrate accordingly.

What do you mean? I run at about 45 MPH at 2500 RPM with my 1235.. :whistle: