Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing footage? (video inside)

petrie141

Woah, did you land that regular shove?

I landed it, didn't ride it off. It was my first set, and I think it caught me off guard because I have not even come close to connecting with my feet in the few times I've been out this year. I tried pumping back, but no luck. That one felt the best, even better than the one I landed.

Nice vids Mase! Can't wait to see u get that drifter.

Thanks Bry. I'm going to nail it next time I am out.

Although I've progressed a bit since this video was taken, here's my Tige MyWake 1 minute unedited run. Go to http://mywake.tige.com/video/192 and then click like if you care to.

Or... here's just the video portion. Checkout that awesome nose-dip bottom bottom turn haha

Edited by petrie141

Did anyone see the varial flip Dom tried at the EWT Wake The Desert Event? I've never seen anyone try it. Pushing the sport!

Fast forward to 05:02:02

14728630422_39cb810079_b.jpg
  • Like 2

At the end of my runs today I tried to see how many shuvs I could do without falling. Not too bad for the end of the day! i'll try it again when I'm fresh.

• Like 2

Petrie you are really getting good. What board are you riding. I think I need to buy that one

Thanks! Right now it's a little older phase 5 prop. It's good enough for now, maybe I'll get a hookup one day and progress even further!

I've decided to start expanding my bag of tricks. First up, the alleyoop. I had never attempted them until yesterday, this is the only one I could ride away. I think it counts? It might be more of an aggressive 360, but hey, it felt like I jumped so I'm counting it for now.

• Like 2

I love seeing your progression!

The more you do alley oops the better they will get. But I have reached a point where I cant do them higher than 6 inches. I've been struggling with them.

I love seeing your progression!

The more you do alley oops the better they will get. But I have reached a point where I cant do them higher than 6 inches. I've been struggling with them.

Thanks! I felt awkward throwing it. Jumping then rotating blind sure felt weird.

Here are a few hits from the other day. I hadn't been on the lake in 2 weeks. It's amazing how quick your energy escapes you when you're trying to air it out. I used to just ride around and I felt like I would never get tired, those were the days.

Edited by petrie141

Holy cow that wake looks good. The water looks nice too!

Trying to catch up to you Petrie!

Question - In terms of foot stance on a board - how do most have their feet oriented? Since I am new to this, I would like to know if there is an optimal way to get use to. Mine are both angled fwd

/ / >

\ / >

l l >

Edited by NorrisMike

Trying to catch up to you Petrie!

Question - In terms of foot stance on a board - how do most have their feet oriented? Since I am new to this, I would like to know if there is an optimal way to get use to. Mine are both angled fwd

Neither, I'm this guy:

| / >

• Like 2