Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing footage? (video inside)

petrie141

I've started to make the transition into surf style riding. This video is from my first day. Can't wait to get back out there and do it again! I need to work on pumping for speed to get down the line and time my jumps better. That'll come with time though.

Edited by petrie141

So much POP.

Tricks that made me go :surprised:

Air 360 @ 0:23

Air @ 0:52

Shove @ 1:05

Reverse 3 shove to front shove @ 1:15

Air @ 1:52

Everything those guys do is so big... I quit.
Edited by petrie141

Enjoyed the videos! We'll play along as well by posting this practice session. Parker Payne practicing this memorial day down on the Trinity River in Texas. Riding his "Payne Killer" surf style board by Day1Wake with Futures fins. 2014 model 23LSV. Plenty other surf videos by following him on Instagram: @parkerpaynesurf

Happy to host anyone that comes through Dallas on our boat. Look us up!

http://vimeo.com/96663009

That video made me smile ear to ear. Thanks! SO great to see kids like this just killing it. The kid has so many tricks in his bag already and makes them all look like they're an afterthought. And he's not setting up hardly anything .....just throwing rock after rock after rock. :lol::thumbup: Awesome.

Just wait till he grows into that frame and develops his style a bit. Whew.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little session from yesterday

14325876730_1eca7873b5_m.jpg

And here's me attempting bigspins. I will get you, bigspin!

14325946218_a8f0cd0020_m.jpg

Edited by petrie141
  • Like 3

Here's my surf style Tige MyWake run. Give it a look and click like (under my name) if you can! I'll reciprocate! I'll submit my skim run hopefully Friday. I have one already recorded but a stupid water drop got on my GoPro right in the middle of the frame.

http://mywake.tige.com/video/41

• Like 2

To like the vid, you just hit the FB 'thumbs up symbol', right? If so, I did that. :lol:

Nick work RP.

I think you're right, and thanks! I'm not quote sure how the "exposure meter" works for the competition but it makes up 25% of your score so I'm trying anything lol.

Dang, petrie you rip! I just got ropeless down, hoping to at least learn how to get a lil air this summer

Thanks! Any questions you have on airs send me my way.

Edited by petrie141

Heck yeah. Do one with that shove on a slo mo loop so I can wrap my brain around the trick! :lol: I watched that one ^ like 10 times trying to see your footwork. :lol: I really need to learn this........

That one is a reverse board shove. It's a little easier than the normal shove because there's no fin back there to begin so the tail comes around easy and the fin will be in the back when you land so you can pump comfortably if needed. Give it a go!

That one is a reverse board shove. It's a little easier than the normal shove because there's no fin back there to begin so the tail comes around easy and the fin will be in the back when you land so you can pump comfortably if needed. Give it a go!

Yeah, I noticed that after watching it so many times. :lol:

Ok. I'll try tomorrow. Something tells me I'm gonna get credit carded a few times. I'll let you know how it goes......

• Like 2

I just watched it again. Look at the flex in the board. Not sure if that's good, bad, normal, or weird? I can kind of feel it a little when I pump.

14544896824_614c1ac243_b.jpg

Petrie, a soft board is inefficient. It is absorbing energy.

All boards should have some flex, but they need to snap back quick. I ride a carbon fiber board because when I pump it it snaps back extremely quick which accelerates me even more than a comparable board made of E-glass. This is even more noticeable when doing airs. Soft boards will absorb the energy, while stiffer boards will snap off the wake.

You can feel a difference after a year of riding a board as well. Even the best board will break down a little after a year of riding and lose it's crispness.

• Like 2