Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing footage? (video inside)

petrie141

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know how to embed youtube videos

Really nice ryansgt ! I'm getting closer to it as well :-)

What is your surf setup ? Your wake looks better than mine.

I have all stock, 900's in the rear and about 400 in the bow. I actually have no idea how to calibrate the speedometer but as it stands I think I am about a mile and a half slow, so I think my 10mph is about 11-11.5.

Agent are you running an aftermarket SG with a list?

I have the wicked wake surf and we run more of a light list. factory full, 650 in bow, 750 in each rear locker, 375 on the rear seat and generally a 375 on rider side We don't usually have a lot of people weight in the boat. A few adults and a few small children. Sometimes the kids sit opposite also so it helps balance non-rider side weight.

edit: we've been toying with moving the 375 on floor rider side. starboard rider hated the wake. We have a hard time cleaning that side up in general.

Edited by agent462

Very cool. Is someone piloting the drone or is that one of those that trail you automatically?

It's being piloted by my buddy in the chase boat.

I just posted a better edit (in the same post) with some cool slo mo segments.

nothing spectacular here, just trying to teach someone how to get the feel of the board on their 1st time ever on a surf board...

I like to get them to be able to ride and get comfortable with the board and how it works with a longer line before we bring them in closer to the boat....

And being out next to them makes it a little easier while teaching (or so I find it) and Fresh Air exhaust doesn't hurt having either, It is much quieter for communicating, of course having the tower speakers turned up doesn't help in the other person hearing you....HAHA

again, like I said, nothing spectacular here, but thought I would share....

Now that I know about this thread, I will have to start filming the Surf Sessions like we do for our barefoot sessions

At the end of the day, It is all about having people smile while boating, is it not?!? :rockon:

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • Like 2

DocPhil in a 360 at the end of the video. I mostly posted this so he could see what he did wrong, but also so you could marvel at the X-30 wake. You can hear the huge engine barely straining, and the trim tabs (oops, I mean the wake converging delay devices) moving as the boat starts and stops.

Another great day on the water!

^^^that is a 48 in Victoria factor I bought for my daughter. I love that thing but it spins like one of those snow saucer sleds from back in the day

I need to learn how to stop the spin on that one

Thanks for the vid Gary.

You should post one of you. You did great for your first time ever!!!!

DocPhil again, after I told him that it looked like he just didn't spot the boat on the way around and turn out of the spin. It looks like he thought about it too much!