Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing footage? (video inside)

petrie141

Hey and I know this is a WAKEsurfing thread..........but did any of you happen to catch what went down at the Fiji Pro the past few days?!?!? Owen Wright just wrote himself into surfing history........ Perfect 20 heat (only been done 7 times ever)...... TWICE (Slater has 2 in his career).......on back to back days (never been done)......with the final Perfect 10 coming with 1 minute left on the clock......in the final. So much fun to watch. Here's the last one......

Edited by -BS-

Shred stixx thresher 3 fins in excellent surf style board I(imo)

I found it very hard to spin but just like all the others once it got some air around the fins it spun around very well.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hey Oz, I'm beginning to think Jindabyne is your own private lake. Is there ever anyone else there to mess it up? The BF video is amazing

Hey Oz, I'm beginning to think Jindabyne is your own private lake. Is there ever anyone else there to mess it up? The BF video is amazing

Hey dihrd

It does feel like our lake a lot of the time we have a few locals that use it as much as we do and holiday season gets a bit wild also ski racing in January but the so called off season it is what you see ,seem to have more good days than bad , but when it's bad it can be real bad the wind can pop up from nowhere in the mountains and blow the dog off a chain. We do have an escape plan and a calm place to retrieve if nessaserry have not used it yet but nice to know it's there.

Cheers

PS Be great to see you up here any time

"Congratulations "

Great work RayRay

I have had a lot of attempts and a lot of fails with that one

(Would like the buzzer to help with timing but not available on our 2013)

Cheers

Wouldn't you know it, the GoPro died before I could ride out some 360's last week. I actually did 2 in a row this week, but didn't bring the camera. I think I got 1/4- 1/2" of air somewhere in here:

I feel like I get at least 10% better every set.

Just a little 30 second video I made messing around with the GoPro yesterday. I find it pretty distracting holding on to it but the view is cool. After I stopped filming I tossed it in the boat and was so close to sticking my first 360! I spun it perfectly but didn't pump in time so I lost the wave. Hoping to try again soon before I forget what I did!

I want to mess around with a board mount and the suction cup boat mount next time I ride.

https://youtu.be/Jm_aUqs9bAc