Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds Syn 6 confiuration question

prion

Can anyone tell me if im able to power 3 pairs of xs-650's and an XS-12 sub off of one syn 6 amp? If so would all speakers be getting sufficient power or would something be under powered? Im considering simplifying my system.

Two channels (5&6) would bridge to a 4-ohm sub.

Two channels (1&2) will drive the single pair of bow speakers at a 4-ohm load.

Two channels (3&4) will drive two pair of cockpit speakers with two speakers per channel in parallel for a 2-ohm load. The lower 2-ohm load on channels 3&4 will produce a power premium that will be evenly split between the speakers.

That is a well-powered system.

You must have a separate amplifier for the tower speakers.

David

David, Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have a Syn 4 powering the tower speakers. If set my system up like you stated above, will I still be able to control the sub independently through the 420 EQ even though I wll have 1 amp powering the inboats and sub together? Right now I have another syn 4 going to a xxx sub byt itself.

David, Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have a Syn 4 powering the tower speakers. If set my system up like you stated above, will I still be able to control the sub independently through the 420 EQ even though I wll have 1 amp powering the inboats and sub together? Right now I have another syn 4 going to a xxx sub byt itself.

Absolutely. The six channel amplifier has six discrete inputs and the EQ has three distinct zones. Tower zone to tower amplifier. In-boat zone to channels 1 thru 4 on the six-channel amplifier. Sub zone to channels 5&6 on the six channel.

David