Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover or not cover while mooring while camping?

Just got done taking our boat on its first camping trip. Do you guys suggest covering the boat while moored at night or just leave open..is there an other reason besides security that covering up the boat will give me? Notice some people do and most were not..

Thanks fellas, it never got below 80 where we were at so didn't notice any dew but did notice we spent extra time wiping off all the damn bugs in the morning. Point taken..thanks

I always cover the boat, mainly for security, I figure it's one more step a intruder has to take to get into the boat. My thinking is it makes it less likely they will take the extra step. Never a guaranty though.

Maybe some sort of alarm!

Edited by Dare2goBare

One thing I worry about when my boat is uncovered, Can the snakes get in? Don't want any surprises while getting in the next morning!

Snakes? I would have to sell my boat if a snake touched it.

Covered. Keeps the otters from climbing in the boat and taking a dump in it at night.

Oceanbu

Where in the salt do you go?

Depends on the weather & surroundings. I've done it both ways. And been lucky so far. Recently found sandy footprints in the boat when parked on my own dock. And then realized one of the gas caps was missing. Funny thing was there was no less gas. But I'm buying a pair of locking caps anyway.