Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Boatmate Malibu Tandem Axle Trailer Questions?

Afun

Next thing I would do is disconnect the trailer from the truck, but not the light harness. Try to get a little room between truck and trailer....a few inches will do it. Put the truck in reverse, and you should be able to slide the UFP actuator in and out with just a bit of push (maybe a bit more than just a bit....but it should slide). You should be able to get it to travel all the way to the stop (the braking action should be zero (0)). If it pressurizes the brakes, something is going on that is not allowing the brake lock out mechanism to release the brakes.

Actuator means the entire moving arm that slides into the tongue. I could not move it with vehicle in Reverse or Drive.

I'm no mechanic but....................

You might try bleeding the brakes. I bought an '07 Vlx on a brand new boatmate trailer this spring. I did not like how the surge brakes were acting either. I bled the brakes and it is functioning quite a bit better.

Actuator means the entire moving arm that slides into the tongue. I could not move it with vehicle in Reverse or Drive.

Yes....and to be 100% sure, hook the trailer back up, chock the trailer tires, put the truck in reverse and release the truck brakes. That actuator should bottom out. Be careful doing this, please.

In my experience, UFP actuators are like our fuel pumps. They work great when they work, and you can get one that will last 10 years, or you can have one that is bad from the factory.

Mine failed on me after about 1 year (and actually got my hubs hot enough to start a fire....I actually had to use a fire extinguisher to put out the fire by the side of the road)

But Boatmate stood by me, repalced the whole actuator out of warranty at a tralier shop of my choice, and I got almost 10 trouble free years out of it after that.

could also be the hose pinched in the hinge at the joint on the trailer if equipped. pull the hinge pin make sure nothings pinched i had that on my bm under my centurion

could also be the hose pinched in the hinge at the joint on the trailer if equipped. pull the hinge pin make sure nothings pinched i had that on my bm under my centurion

:plus1: I agree....Something is not allowing the brake system to depressurize when the lockout solenoid is acitivated.

Edited by RTS

Underneath the front portion of the tongue and right behind where the ball sits in the tongue there is a release button. Push up on this release button and your brakes should function properly.

Underneath the front portion of the tongue and right behind where the ball sits in the tongue there is a release button. Push up on this release button and your brakes should function properly.

I pressed that release button. Brakes are not engaged. I will be back at the dealer soon.

That is the breakaway cable reset

I pressed that release button. Brakes are not engaged. I will be back at the dealer soon.

Sounds like it....