Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Inland Surfer Mucus vs Byerly Volt vs CWB Tsunami

Afun

I am looking for my first surf style or hybrid style board. I know the Tsunami has great reviews, but could enlighten me a little more on this selection.

I have only had the Mucus but it is great you can't go wrong with it. I can get beginners ride rope less in less than a day and I can do 360s rope less on it. Haven't been able to ride it out yet but it is a matter of technique not board (2 fins in). I have the same hull as your old boat so you know the wake I am riding also. Good luck!!

I have only had the Mucus but it is great you can't go wrong with it. I can get beginners ride rope less in less than a day and I can do 360s rope less on it. Haven't been able to ride it out yet but it is a matter of technique not board (2 fins in). I have the same hull as your old boat so you know the wake I am riding also. Good luck!!

What do you mean by " haven't been able to ride it out yet"?

I am in the same position as you afun (minus the sweet new boat with surfgate). Think I am going with the tsunami. Its on amazon right now for around $350.

I am in the same position as you afun (minus the sweet new boat with surfgate). Think I am going with the tsunami. Its on amazon right now for around $350.

the Bylery Volt has the same price. Looks pretty good too. 2006 VLX not too shabby. I came from a direct drive.

What do you mean by " haven't been able to ride it out yet"?

I make the full 360 but when I get around I'm to low in the wave and can't keep up with the boat. Can do it with the rope in my hand and keep it loose the whole time. It's just a matter of getting it out of my head that I can't do it. :Doh:

I make the full 360 but when I get around I'm to low in the wave and can't keep up with the boat. Can do it with the rope in my hand and keep it loose the whole time. It's just a matter of getting it out of my head that I can't do it. :Doh:

I do not think the Mucus is made for spins like that. If you go to a more skim style, yo will pull it off. I could be wrong.

I do not think the Mucus is made for spins like that. If you go to a more skim style, yo will pull it off. I could be wrong.

Never been one to follow rules.