Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Took On Some Surfgate Rollers!

Afun

Dave, nice looking surf wake! we have been riding the Ronix Koal Fish 5'6" board this season... love it, the nose is hooked up, this allows you to carve hard and not dig into the wake....also heard the Ronix Parks is also a great board.

I am very friendly, never serious and kind of ridiculous in a nutshell. Enough about me...I hear Canada buys the most Malibus. How much time do you get to boat?

Canada buys the most Malibu's??!?!?!

Our family manages 100-150 hr a yr, but we are definitely on the upper end. Having the boat on a lift only 1 hr from the house, and entertaining ~20 ppl every weekend through out the summer really helps keep the hours up. Riding time is usually (forget about this yr) May- September inclusive. You can stretch that both ways a bit as the days are warm enough but usually we run into trouble having to winterize it or keep it winterized due to freezing nights.

I 'm a fan of "kind of ridiculous", Life should never be taken too seriously

IXFE,

The ONLY advice I'm going to give you is loosen up man!!! Your as stiff as the board! This IS supposed to be fun!!! Your riding is fine, there was a few times you saved yourself where most newbies would have given up. So just loosen up and have some fun, the more time you ride, the more time you practice, the more you'll try things and the more you'll fall. All of this will make you a better rider!!

Canada buys the most Malibu's??!?!?!

I have heard that one of the Malibu dealer in Calgary sells the most new boats in North America. Gotta love the oil $$

As a country, there is no way we outsold the US.

I have heard that one of the Malibu dealer in Calgary sells the most new boats in North America. Gotta love the oil $$

As a country, there is no way we outsold the US.

There is no dealer in Calgary. Just Wizard Lake Marine in Alberta. And they are based out of a small town called Calmar, just outside of Edmonton. They also just opened up in Kelowna.

WWW.wizardlakemarine.com

Edited by Malibuzer

IXFE,

The ONLY advice I'm going to give you is loosen up man!!! Your as stiff as the board! This IS supposed to be fun!!! Your riding is fine, there was a few times you saved yourself where most newbies would have given up. So just loosen up and have some fun, the more time you ride, the more time you practice, the more you'll try things and the more you'll fall. All of this will make you a better rider!!

Yeah... I hear ya. I cringe when I see video of myself, which is why I hesitated to share. But I figured it was worth showing Afun what PnP would add to his wave.

Despite how it looks, I am having fun. That video is actually one of the very first taken behind my new boat about a month ago. I feel like I've loosened up a bunch since then, and I'm taking bigger risks (getting further into the flat and also further up the the wave).

Yeah... I hear ya. I cringe when I see video of myself, which is why I hesitated to share. But I figured it was worth showing Afun what PnP would add to his wave.

Despite how it looks, I am having fun. That video is actually one of the very first taken behind my new boat about a month ago. I feel like I've loosened up a bunch since then, and I'm taking bigger risks (getting further into the flat and also further up the the wave).

I hear the 550's fit nicely in the VLX

Despite how it looks, I am having fun.

^^^ That's all that matters

We were all beginners at some point.

Edited by demo9asx

Sounds awesome man, nothing to be embarrassed about showing that video. Half the ppl here will give you great advice and the other half will bicker because were pissed off were surfing the web instead of surfing the waves!

Every time I finish a set of any watersport, I scream out a huge "WOOOOOHHHHH", it makes me feel good every time!!

I hear the 550's fit nicely in the VLX

I'd get the 750 if I were you. You can always fill the 750 with 550 of water but not the other way around. You'll always wonder if the wave can be better with a 750 down the road. Trust me, your definition of "good" wave will change over time and you'll become a wave snob.

Great looking wave. Seems real long with a bigger than average pocket. I am going with the 550's and full stock ballast. Looking forward to a wave that's a little longer. How do you like that board?

Yeah, the pocket is pretty long, but you know how it goes... now that I've tasted what a long wave is like, I want even longer. So I'm thinking more weight in the bow. To me the length is what makes it fun... more room to play.

As for the board, we love it. It was expensive, and we bought it on a bit of whim w/out demo, but it's been great. I like it much better than our old HL Broadcast, and even better than Soulcraft demo I've got in the boat now. My only beef is that it doesn't match our boat. Sigh...first world problems. :cry:

ronix_2013_parks_thruster_top.jpg

ronix_2013_illuminati_thruster_bottom.jp

Edited by IXFE

I'd get the 750 if I were you. You can always fill the 750 with 550 of water but not the other way around. You'll always wonder if the wave can be better with a 750 down the road. Trust me, your definition of "good" wave will change over time and you'll become a wave snob.

Agree... the 750lb. Sumo Sacks fit nicely in the VLX and they fill completely.

I'm traveling today or I'd snap a picture to show you. I think I'll be on the water tomorrow afternoon so I'll try to remember.

Edited by IXFE

Agree... the 750lb. Sumo Sacks fit nicely in the VLX and they fill completely.

I'm traveling today or I'd snap a picture to show you. I think I'll be on the water tomorrow afternoon so I'll try to remember.

:plus1: 750's fill quite nicely in a VTX and there is still enough room for 6-8 life jackets on top when full.

I need storage space and the 550's have a curve that face the rear seats. Creates about half the locker for storage.

This is a big reason I bought the 550s. Honestly, the wake was fine stock, but more is always better :-)