Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

97 sunsetter vlx value?

boardjnky4

What's average value on one of these?

It doesn't have wraparound seating but it is a vdrive with a tower.

What should I expect it to be worth assuming it's in good condition?

I have 98 sunsetter

tower, PP, awesome vinyl, monsoon EFI, low hours, (under 400), no wedge, plumbed in ballast. wrap around seating, standard stereo. and I can get into the 20s with that, but barely. it's the people capacity that helps having the seating for sure.plus low hours on a wake hull.

I sold my '97 vlx for 18k. It had 500 hrs, PP, wedge, tower, double axle trailer. It was in really good shape. I probably could have gotten a little more if I waited awhile buy I sold it in a week.

Not to hijack thread, but anyone know of someone adding wrap around seating to a VLX?

I had plans to add wrap around seating when I first bought my '97 VLX, but I found myself really enjoying all the extra floor space.

boardjnky4, I agree with high teens.

commodore, you could contact Chee and see if he has an option for you. Boz and michiganboarder just had jump seats made to match their boats, maybe he can build you a matching filler section along the side of your boat if you give him dimensions. Otherwise a local car audio shop could probably fab something for you. Just try to have them do it out of something other than wood, of course.

So I posted this thread because I was considering buying this boat:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/3937985159.html

It needed too much work for me though. 940 hours. Interior completely shot (needs skins and carpet throughout), no working gauges (except rpm and speed), stereo amp for interior speakers stopped working the day before I got there because he leaves it uncovered 100% of the time and water leaked onto the amp. Boat never gets cleaned and it's obvious. Mechanically it's PRETTY good. The guy touts his mechanical skill, and it does show. It had a new alternator, fuel pump, fuel filter, some hoses replaced, news steering cable, etc... Seems that it doesn't always start perfectly. On cold start it needs a little throttle. Started fairly well warm, except once needed some throttle.

Might not be a bad deal for someone to put some work into, if you could get him down to 10k or so.