Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY WAKE - Caveat Emptor

commodore

Just wanted to post this so people think twice about buying products from DIY wake.

Ordered a pair of tower speaker clamps - wrong size arrived. Wrapped up the clamps in magazine paper, sent this back with a letter explaining that I wanted a refund (found much cheaper but similar parts on this website).

A few weeks go by, no phone call or email. Check the shipper's website, confirmed delivery. When I called one of the guys answered and explained that I didn't do a good enough job wrapping up the parts and they were damaged during delivery. He proceeded to tell me that I would be charged a $20 re-stocking fee and a 20% fee just because. Plus shipping was my responsibility (they had previously paid for it and I paid for return shipping). I argued with them, but to no avail.

Just think twice before using these guys.

Did you give them the option to send you the right parts before you decided to ship them back to them? They may have been more accommodating to help you out if you would have had a conversation with them instead of just shipping back with a letter. They can't pay for shipping of a product that you decided to return and not give them the chance to make right on the mix up. It was your decision to buy the parts elsewhere because you found a cheaper deal after you had already bought their parts.You can't hold the first company responsible for shipping of a product that you are not any longer going to buy from them. I have always found that if you try to work with a retailer to resolve a problem and explain your points that you will usually be taken care of. No company wants to have a bad reputation or be slandered on a forum like this and there is always 2 sides to every story. You however did not give them the chance to show you if they indeed did have any customer service and provide a solution to keep both parties happy.

Just wanted to post this so people think twice about buying products from DIY wake.

Ordered a pair of tower speaker clamps - wrong size arrived. Wrapped up the clamps in magazine paper, sent this back with a letter explaining that I wanted a refund (found much cheaper but similar parts on this website).

A few weeks go by, no phone call or email. Check the shipper's website, confirmed delivery. When I called one of the guys answered and explained that I didn't do a good enough job wrapping up the parts and they were damaged during delivery. He proceeded to tell me that I would be charged a $20 re-stocking fee and a 20% fee just because. Plus shipping was my responsibility (they had previously paid for it and I paid for return shipping). I argued with them, but to no avail.

Just think twice before using these guys.

I had the identical issue to the "T". It was wrong size clamps. I got the same excuse, BUT I received them scartched. I sent them back and they said I didn't package properly and would not refund. I didn't even bother wasting my time and energy and bite the bullet.