Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where should I start?

I have a LSV with the monsoon 350. It's idling a little rough, and has lost some power. When I plane off it runs fine. When I accelerate up to around 38 mph it starts to run rough and will even sputter and backfire. It will lose power (but motor still running) and go into limp mode. The display screen reads engine fault. It did this the first time and I have only brought it up to speed like that one other time and it did it again. Scared I would cause more damage I loaded it up and called it a day. Any advice? Sucks to be paying for a boat I can't even use in the summertime now.

Tune up?? Plugs, cap and rotor??

change your fuel filters as well, add some good fuel systme cleaner (I use seafoam). There is also a screen on the intake of the fuel pump check there for trash as well.

Sounds like lack of fuel or timing issue. Is your injected? If so most like fuel screen and filter. If it is injected, and these two do not fix, the injectors will need to be pulled and cleaned. Not likely timing if injected as it is all electronic done by ECM... If carburator see built2rev suggestion

Tune up?? Plugs, cap and rotor??

Best of luck and happy boating!

Another thing, I just did a pretty heavy stereo install. I had two batteries for the stereo wired in parallel. One of these batts was bad. Which drained the whole boat. It would get so dead that the boat would start to wig out and when I'd turn the key off to turn the boat off it wouldn't shut off. I got it re-wired and now it worked flawlessly. Until now.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump Took it to the mechanic and they replaced the knock sensor and the crankshaft sensor. Problem still exist. It's idling rough and has about 75% power and runs rough.

Yep mechanic screwed me. I changed all the plugs and it fixed about 90% of the problem. It still has a very slight miss at higher RPM's. I'm thinking this may be bad fuel. I ran almost all of the fuel out and going to see if a new tank of fuel fixes this. Any other ideas I could do myself? I'm not very mechanically inclined. Thanks for your help guys!

Chase

Change the fuel filters, cap and rotor. These are simple, cheap maintenance items that should be changed at regular intervals. If that doesn't fix it pull an injector out and see what it looks like.

Change the fuel filters, cap and rotor. These are simple, cheap maintenance items that should be changed at regular intervals. If that doesn't fix it pull an injector out and see what it looks like.

You tube is a great source for how too videos. Not sure if there is one one on there for pulling an injector but I would guess yes.

It has a cap and rotor? It's a 2007 340 monsoon.

Try here: http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA108009 and here: http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R103011.

You'll need Torx T15 and T20 screw drivers. Just keep the plug wires attached to the old distributor cap until after the new cap and

rotor are secured in place. Then, pull off one plug wire at a time and insert into new distributor cap. Pretty simple to do.

Edited by srab

Try here: http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA108009 and here: http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R103011.

You'll need Torx T15 and T20 screw drivers. Just keep the plug wires attached to the old distributor cap until after the new cap and

rotor are secured in place. Then, pull off one plug wire at a time and insert into new distributor cap. Pretty simple to do.

This proceedure will save you from trying to figure out where all those wires go when putting it back together.