Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

build time?

martho

I have a buddy who is looking at an 06. The dealer says 4 weeks from order to delivery.

Anyway this can happen in 4 weeks?

We ordered our bu at the end of Feb and they say it was built a week ago. Now we're just waiting on delivery. 4 weeks sounds a little short but who knows.

Well that depends. If the dealer does not already have a slot then it would be a bit short, especially because of the time of year, but if the delaer has already ordered boats, he may just be changing the order, in which case, it could be possible.

My boat was scheduled for the first of April and I still have not heard anything. I bet I'll take delivery the middle to end of the month. It's a tuff wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I ordered mine around the 3rd week in January. I week later I received a note that it was going to be sprayed in a few days. I think there are a number of variables that play into how long it takes, many of which are around keeping the factor running efficiently. This may work in your favor or it may not.

I think that it has something to do with the # of boats the dealer sells. I know that they get x number of spray dates and they may have one that is coming up.

There are a lot of variables - # of build slots the dealer has, if & when those slots are scheduled, which models he has on order, how many molds there are for each model vs. how many overall boats are on order.....and on & on & on.

martho,

If your buddy is looking at a ski or footing boat, 4 weeks is probably a lot more realistic than if he's looking at a 247. ;)

and dont forget... when its done it takes a couple weeks to get to the shop and prepped. I ordered my 06 VLX dec 17, spray date was feb 22, lake test mar 1, got to the dealer on mar 13 , took deliv mar 17

That can also vary a lot depending on so many things, I've heard of boats arriving at the dealer less than a week after being prepped & I've heard of them sitting at the factory waiting for its trailer or just a shipping truck for weeks. There's really no good way of knowing how it's going to go, except to trust your dealer that he's not blowing smoke. ;)