Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 vlx wakesurf setup!

Marc1983

Just had a few questions about setting up my ballast on my 2010 vlx for wakesurfing!! I have tried to follow others topics and input but have yet to find the right setup! I have full mls, for port side I fill rear/center/front and I have added a 750 in locker! Now it seems like my wave is always washing up on top! I haven't noticed a huge difference in the wedge being up or down, we can easily surf both ways! Just looking for that perfect setup!! What's funny is the other day my only friend that rides on the starboard side had the most perfect wave, you'll never believe this but we were only 2 in the boat with the starboard/center/front ballast full and that's it, no wedge no sac added and i couldn't believe how perfect it was, so I'm just hoping that someone has the recipe for that perfect wave!

Thanks

Marc - the goal of weighting the boat is to get the surf side sunk down in the water....deep.

In my 2011 VLX a 750lb had to be FULL and I needed about 5 people inside to have a decent wave. That is on top of the surf side rear ballast being full, center being full and front being full. I leave the wedge down all the way...and we usually ride mid 10's

Now - I run an 1100 in the rear, same in boat tank levels and have a 500 in the nose. That 1100 leans the boat pretty well and the 500 in the nose makes more of the hull stay in water so that I get a longer wave.

I think your immediate solution could be adding people to your boat.

I run an 06 vlx so diff hull I think but I run full mls. So that's rear port center and bow full. I then have 1100 in the rear locker and 370 tube sac under the port seat. Wedge all the way down and 10.4 speed. Sick wave. Gets even better when someone sits on the back corner.

I run an 06 vlx so diff hull I think but I run full mls. So that's rear port center and bow full. I then have 1100 in the rear locker and 370 tube sac under the port seat. Wedge all the way down and 10.4 speed. Sick wave. Gets even better when someone sits on the back corner.

Same boat, same setup, huge wave.

I don't know much about all the details of this boat yet, I'm very new to it so I'm going to assume that I still have the stock prop!! What prop should I be looking at, where to purchase one and how much would it cost??

I don't know much about all the details of this boat yet, I'm very new to it so I'm going to assume that I still have the stock prop!! What prop should I be looking at, where to purchase one and how much would it cost??

Depends on many factors, ie...the altitude of the lake you boat on, the engine size, how many people typically in the boat, and how much ballast (in addition to people). There are many that have switched to the acme 1235 and others have gone with 2313 and yet others with the very agressive 2315. It is really preference based on your different uses of the boat. I would say that it would be best to talk with some of the VlX owners on this site and thy could guide you throught his forum. Old luck and enjoy your new toy!