Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Accessory Suppliers - Recommendations

EchucaVLX

Hi There,

Longtime reader but first time poster - Great site with a wealth of useful information and knowledge.

I'm from Australia and there is a very limited market for accessories so we generally buy from the USA.

I have bought a cover from Cory at Evolution Covers and a Tower cover from Sean at Wake TC both of whom have been absolutely brilliant to deal with - I chose thir products after reading great reviews on this site.

I am also after a few other accessories such as a Mirror for the G3 tower , guide pole covers , docking ropes , docking fenders etc.

After reading positive comments about Bakes I sent them a request for goods to the value of approxiamately $1200 wanting to purchase and ship ASAP.

This was 5 weeks ago and I have followed up on no less than 5 occasions with out any success - just been told they are busy etc.

Can anyone please recommend an alternative supplier for such items.

Any assistance would be most appreciatted.

Thanks Mark

I've also had trouble sourcing accessories. I've bought some original parts from GRE Marine but have been waiting ages for Malibu branded trailer guide covers to become available.

Mark,

That was a disappointing first post for me to read. Can you let me know who you were working with at Bakes and email me your order? Busy is not a excuse and honestly five weeks is embarrassing to process a order. My apologies that your experience with Bakes is not what I would have hoped it would have and should have been. I hope you know we do care and I will figure out a change of policies, procedures or personal to avoid this from happening again.

My direct email is paul(at)bakesmarine.com and I look forward to making this right for you.

Sincerely,

Paul

• Like 3

Hi, I have the same problem here in Europe. I also got a message from bakes that my order will be delayed because they were to busy with USA deliveries. A couple of weeks ago I send them a reminder, but nothing heard anymore.

Regards

For dock lines, fenders and other miscellaneous/generic boating items, you might try Overtons (now owned by Gander Mtn). If it is in-stock, it usually ships out same day by UPS ground for free (over $50 orders).

Thanks for the responses guys.

Paul from Bakes have been very pro-active and resolved the problems.

Goods are being shipped today.

Thank you Paul & Bakes Marine

• Like 3

For dock lines, fenders and other miscellaneous/generic boating items, you might try Overtons (now owned by Gander Mtn). If it is in-stock, it usually ships out same day by UPS ground for free (over $50 orders).

You think they will ship to Australia for free, on a $50 no less?

Bakes is usually really good. But they must be slammed right now because they are backordered on some basic items. (their suppliers are backorded). But they immediately sent an email informing me of the backorder, and gave a date when I would get the parts. I think its that time of year. Glad they took care of you.

Onlyinboards.com is good too for some items.