Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Malibu Engine Line up

Malibudude

With the recent discussion about the engine line up, thought I'd post up the line up for MY 2014.

Marine Power Monsoon LS3

Indmar Monsoon 330, Monsoon 350, Monsoon 6.0L, Monsoon LSA.

Does axis have the monsoon 330 or is it the new standard engine?

They went with marine power to save cost,

This still doesn't make sense to me. The argument I heard was that there was speculation that because the marine power LS3 doesn't have all the corvette badging on it that somehow made it cheaper. This makes sense but then wouldn't this be the same with the marine power LSA over Indmar LSA with all the Cadillac badging on it?

It just seems weird that they only changed supplier for one particular motor.

This still doesn't make sense to me. The argument I heard was that there was speculation that because the marine power LS3 doesn't have all the corvette badging on it that somehow made it cheaper. This makes sense but then wouldn't this be the same with the marine power LSA over Indmar LSA with all the Cadillac badging on it?

It just seems weird that they only changed supplier for one particular motor.

Maybe they're trying Marine Power on 1 engine to see how the support, etc is. I wonder how many people have the LS3 vs the LSA? The reason I ask is because most people I know, when upgrading an engine from the base model go to the top of the line. I'm not sure how many stop in the middle of the HP range available. If the LSA is more popular than the LS3 then Malibu is simply "testing MP" for support and quality. If the LS3 is more popular, then I think they're really take a chance on the brand to go away from someone like Indmar or PMC.

I have the LS3 and never considered the LSA. It would be cool to show off but not worth the extra money in my opinion. Maybe set up a poll to see the percentage of LS3 and LSA owners.

With the recent discussion about the engine line up, thought I'd post up the line up for MY 2014.

Marine Power Monsoon LS3

Ugh. I sure hope they change the LS3 back in future model years. I'm sure not spending that kind of money to be a guinea pig. :Doh:

If it were such a great cost saving measure, I would love to see just how much "cheaper" it is to upgrade to the LS3 from the Monsoon 350 now.

So I take it the 5-year warranty for the LS3 is gone now too?

And now everything is a "Monsoon". :lol:

Largest engine for Axis is the LS3.

So can you provide any info on the cost upgrade difference between the Indmar LS3 and the Marine Power LS3?

Will the Marine Power LS3 have a 5-year warranty like the Indmar?

Does axis have the monsoon 330 or is it the new standard engine?

They went with marine power to save cost,

Largest engine for Axis is the LS3.

I know but is the monsoon 330 the standard engine for the axis, or malibu, or both?

• 1 month later...

Apparently I took the summer off of my Malibu news. Marine power???

I guess that's how Mastercraft started with Ilmore. It was an option 1 year and the next it was the only option. But since Penske is in bed with both I get that.

A few builders have tried out Marine power in the past. Non of them succeeded with it. Personally I would be concerned with support long term

Maybe Malibu is just putting the squeeze on Indmar. Either way Indmar has to be sweating about right now.

I don't get it.

Marine Power Monsoon LS3

Whats the difference between the Monsoon 6.0L and Monsoon LSA.